LRSx2

De
Words to live by. ;)
But there's prepared and there's prepared....
l is a lost cause I am afraid, he has to worry everything to death. When it gets to S day he will be fine ha ha

De

l is a lost cause I am afraid, he has to worry everything to death. When it gets to S day he will be fine ha ha
I resemble that remark

Always make lots of plans. Know exactly where to go. Then circumstances take over. Plans put aside. Situation normal.

Always make lots of plans. Know exactly where to go. Then circumstances take over. Plans put aside. Situation normal.
Are we twins, separated at birth??

We stopped making plans a long time ago, we don't even book the ferry now until we are ready to go and I don't know which direction we are going in France until we wake up and Maggy tells me

We stopped making plans a long time ago, we don't even book the ferry now until we are ready to go and I don't know which direction we are going in France until we wake up and Maggy tells me
Let’s be honest Terry, Maggy’s got a way of letting you think that things are your idea. Clever girl ?. As for making plans, wasn’t it you who said, they no longer buy green bananas?

I love Planning ! But I mean outline planning.
So google maps to check on possible routes from A to B via XYZ but mainly to ensure we have a realistic journey plan.
Eg latest planning for 2020 90 days in Canada and 80 in USA 4000 to 5000 miles in each country so an average of say 60 miles per day.
Thus allowing 2 or 3 nights in most stopovers..
I keep records so last summer a few longish days @ 180 miles
Most between 50 and 100 lots of 0 days and half a dozen or so at less than 50
94 days from Calais to Calais (via Sicily) 4,900 miles
This allows me to know we can do the 2020 in comfort (distance-wise)
Once we are travelling we decide on a daily basis where to go next
So a "planned winging it"
We usually avoid tolls but not so in Italy but we only spent £100 (on tolls) in 2.5 months
As has been posted to spend less than 10 euros and avoiding a long drive is well worth it and show the benefit of planning !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back