Magnetic hooks

They might be useful if you have any metal to attach them to, but with the exception of the side sliding door in my 'Millie' there aren't any suitable metal areas to attach them to and I wouldn't think that many vans have acres of ferrous metal on which to attach them?

Think we will have some metal strips left in various places, on ceiling , next to bed on rear door and above shelf in the cab. And side sliding door of course. Just an idea!

Magnetic strip is good idea. I was half thinking of using them to hang a temporary curtain across cab when wilding, previously screwed hooks into frame, but this will be a new van so want to avoid any extra holes!

You can get the hooks with various strength magnets from something a baby could pull off to ones that a body builder would have trouble with.

I bought some magnetic hooks which were advertised as a 20kg pull. When I stuck them to a metal plate the pulloff load was much less so I thought I had got the wrong item however when I looked at the suppliers site there was information to say that the full strength of the magnet would only be achieved if stuck to a substantial piece of steel, so I stuck it to my mini anvil, sure enough it stuck like sh*t to a blanket to put it in the vernacular. Needless to say I was quite happy with that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back