Maid of the Loch

We are there now, we’ll just up the road at Duck Bay. I thought they had said it wasn’t going to be restored and best to hope for was a cafe?

It’s a money pit drag it oot tae middle of the loch and scuttle the thing then they’ll get some tourist divers they say they’ve spent 2 million quid up until now and the local council pumped loads into it but no money to build local schools this scams been going on for years every time the money runs out or the donations stop comings in it seems to have a mysterious fire or something. Sorry bill rant over but kinda know the local history of this pile of .....

I’d rather that money was spent on this than on hot air in Edinburgh. It’s certainly possible given the funding to have this as a world class tourist attraction. A few years ago I went for a trip on a similar ship on Lake Geneva, brilliant.

68294163-DE15-40B9-A827-F6EA5132FE43.jpeg6F2CBBBE-B2B7-47CC-BDFA-E2AEAA5713DC.jpegD36F9074-06EB-4697-854B-DF668066DBB2.jpeg

LINK

That explains that then, we spent the afternoon at Lomond Shores (Caz needed some retail therapy) and when we got there it was in free water. Thought for a minuteWulley was taking it out to scuttle it :)

They should give it to Sweeneys, they would make money on trips with it or scrap it as a loss.

would be nice to see it sorted to the standard of the one in Bills photo but it’ll never happen too many scammers involved in this project every pound that gets raised you’re lucky if 20p sees its way to the actual refurb it’s been going on for years the boat itself is worth fixing it’s all the guys wae suits in the background they spent a lot charity money on this thing and when the right people started asking where the money went it had a fantum fire day befor auditors were due to inspect it. If they get a lottery grant you’ll see a lot of nice Range Rovers parked next too it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back