manchester clean air zone

The whole thing needs scrapping and looking at again from the start. No other city needs an exclusion zone of nearly 500 square miles around it, why should Manchester? They should just confine their CAZ to the city centre, like Birmingham etc have done. No need to include suburbs and countryside. It's ridiculous.

The whole thing needs scrapping and looking at again from the start. No other city needs an exclusion zone of nearly 500 square miles around it, why should Manchester? They should just confine their CAZ to the city centre, like Birmingham etc have done. No need to include suburbs and countryside. It's ridiculous.
Decommission the airport, that will improve air quality.

Bradford are the same they have included the outer ring road so for Me it adds £60 onto my MOT as I have to drive 2 miles along the ring road to get to the motorhome garage and if they keep it overnight it’s another £60 😡😡

Bradford are the same they have included the outer ring road so for Me it adds £60 onto my MOT as I have to drive 2 miles along the ring road to get to the motorhome garage and if they keep it overnight it’s another £60 😡😡
I would find a different garage Annie

I would find a different garage Annie
I would but it’s difficult finding a decent trustworthy garage these days especially for a motorhome so I’ll stick with him for now and pay the councils travel tax. 😡

Pretty gobsmacked by this - I'd assumed my Moho would be exempt as under 3.5t etc, but it isn't. The DVLA checker is good - shows Leeds Portsmouth and (at present) Manchester no charge. However if you look at the exemptions it says motorhomes and horseboxes in private ownership are exempt 🤔

Screenshot_20220123-150232.png

Last edited:
But, by its very nature, an OUTER Ring Road is created to keep traffic out of the City Centre. Why would any sensibly thinking council penalise you, for avoiding the City Centre! 😡😡

But, by its very nature, an OUTER Ring Road is created to keep traffic out of the City Centre. Why would any sensibly thinking council penalise you, for avoiding the City Centre! 😡😡
I have no idea but this is from the official website
F931C613-9CB2-4C43-BF72-9780C17694EC.jpeg

Great fun (not) yesterday, had to go to Birmingham and both AA and my sat nav wanted me to go through the middle - so I zig-zagged in from the west to avoid the CAZ as even my car isn't exempt there.
It added a good 20 mins each way and an extra 5 miles - how is that helping the air pollution?

Oxford are doing similar with a 'Trial', charges commence 28th Feb 2022, doubling in August 2025. It's a tiny 'Zero Emission Zone' at the moment, but every vehicle above zero emissions are charged (including Hybrid) and they intend to extend it.
Link to affected roads, and a map beneath (it requires cookies set to accept) :-
Oxford Zero Emission Zone

"We met last week and have had further robust and constructive discussions today to find a solution."

I like the use of the word "Robust" :) I think we know what that really meant ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back