Maps.me problem

Pudsey Bear

Get shorter each update, but now it is defaulting to Aberdeen each time I open the app, previously it opened to wherever its last location was.

I've looked in settings but can't find any reason for it.

It used to a really good app, invented by a Russian developer, but its been sold a few times and each update has made it more worserer.

I tried MapsMe based on recommendations from others, and couldn't believe how inaccurate it was, so I quickly deleted it.

I only use it now for POI storage, but it's taking ages to locate each time I open it, I don't need an alternative unless it handles POIs as good or better.

I only use it now for POI storage, but it's taking ages to locate each time I open it, I don't need an alternative unless it handles POIs as good or better.
Much the same.
For pois on the phone I use gps waypoints . It also gives an address
TOYS for BOYS and for POIS

Maybe try organic maps almost identical
Is that the apps proper name? So many similar names now, what format does it save the POIs in? Will ot accept KML or KMZ?

Okay, downloaded and maps installed, but how do I transfer my maps.me POIs across, I did try the apps import bookmarks then my brain stopped :rolleyes:

Ignore the import routine.
Just put the kmz file where you can find it.
Navigate to it ans click you will be offerred.which app
Choose organic maps.
Just done it and it works !

Sounds a bit like when you email a klm file and just click it and maps.me just imports.

If you have Organic maps on your phone, use it as a Satnav at least once.

The female voice they use is hilarious. She reminds me of an American Witch going through the menopause. :ROFLMAO:

You do realise that when you shuffle off all kinds of unspeakable things are going to be done to you.

Those paper maps are also overt listening devices.

You do realise that when you shuffle off all kinds of unspeakable things are going to be done to you.

Those paper maps are also overt listening devices.
The problem with anything google is the third party cr-p that then gets sent to you phone/tablet etc which slows things down, something i dont want or have ask for, they even send cr-p to my email acc on the PC, lucky i can filter it out with thunderbird.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back