Marie's Pancake Recipe

mariesnowgoose

... again because a few folk at Druridge asked for it.

TBH I use a few different recipes, but this time it was:-

Ingredients

125g plain or all-purpose flour (I used strong white bread flour cos it was all I had at the time)
pinch of salt
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
300 ml milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon cream (optional)
Unsalted butter for cooking

Method

1. Sift flour & salt into a mixing bowl, make well in centre, add egg and a little milk and stir in with wooden spoon (or I use a whisk - carefully!)
2. Gradually add half the milk, mixing continuously until all the flour is worked into the liquid.
3. Carry on mixing until smooth and free from lumps.
4. Stir in the melted butter & cream then add the remaining milk.
5. Cover and leave to stand for 30 mins - 1 hour to soften the starch grains & give a lighter flour pancake

NB. This time round I actually kept the pancake mixture for Druridge in the camper van fridge for a total of 4 days. We cooked the last few pancakes on the morning of the 4th day and they were still luvverly & fresh
smile.png

Makes approx 12 pancakes depending on how thick/thin you want them (and how big your pan is!).
Thin is always best though, regardless of size/circumference.

To take a pre-prepared mix with you in the van, I just wash & sterilise a plastic milk bottle and decant the mixture into that then keep it in the fridge door next to the ordinary milk.
BUT - be careful not to mix the two bottles up or your tea/coffee will end up tasting odd!
rolleyes.gif
lol-049.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back