me bog’s broke......

marymary

help...me bog’s broke, well part of it is, not the casette but the loo/throne bit, the swivel sliding lever to open and close the flap bit is all loose and wobbly and a bit has now fallen off it, I will add a pic, hopefully.....so the flap is open but don’t think I can close it.....??

The screw which holds the pivot in place has probably come loose/ fallen down.
This pivot connects the lever to a small (yellow) knob on the cassette.
If you can get the cassette out all the bits will be there and you simply (ha ha) need to screw the pivot back in place.
Upside down so not easy..use a mirror and a short screwdriver (phillips).
When all is well make sure you turn the yellow button which operated the trapdoor after every cassette emptying before you slide it in place and check inside that all is well...A pain in the (empty) arse

The screw which holds the pivot in place has probably come loose/ fallen down.
This pivot connects the lever to a small (yellow) knob on the cassette.
If you can get the cassette out all the bits will be there and you simply (ha ha) need to screw the pivot back in place.
Upside down so not easy..use a mirror and a short screwdriver (phillips).
When all is well make sure you turn the yellow button which operated the trapdoor after every cassette emptying before you slide it in place and check inside that all is well...A pain in the (empty) arse

But sadly you will just have to go through the motions :rolleyes:

Not quite sure without a picture, but I had problems with mine initially. Can you get the cassette out and look into the housing via the outside trap door? I had to unscrew the ratchet arrangement which connects to the knob that pushes the cassette hatch, all attached to that lever on the side of the throne..... then reattach with the ratchet in the right position. Seems it had been pushed too far and sort of jumped off the rails. Sounds complicated but if it is anything like ours the arrangement should be visible and fairly obvious where the problem is. If the flap is stuck open, preventing you getting the cassette out, get your hand down the pan and jiggle the flap around, usually can encourage the flap to close., or an assistant may be able to help by jiggling something like a long ruler through the outside hatch, over the top of the cassette, to nudge the flap closed.

Good Luck......

thanks all for your help...I didn’t have to go thru the motions as such which was a big bonus!! ? But with a little help from a friend....Allen...he got it sorted...I made coffee......?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back