Melville Castle vintage car day.

runnach

Nice walk up to the castle this morning......

The venue.

IMG_7176.JPG

Lovely 3.5 litre Rover. I recall my mate had one and during one trip ripping down some road somewhere, a spark plug popped out from the head and left a lovely dent in the bonnet 😄
IMG_7140.JPG

Last edited:
Cracking vehicles terry
Yes, they were all beauties in their own right. I'll post more later. The Saturday event was at the old Motorola building, files issue I need to sort out. Did you not know about Saturday event, Gordon?

Love those bubble cars! A few years back I tried to buy a kit one from a place near Preston that sold them, based on the Isetta and you put a motorbike engine of your choice in. However they went belly up before I could get one.

Here you go Jeff, same car, which was also at the Saturday event at Bathgate.

Many year ago me and my dad went to a house near my Eskbank Campus to look at, and bought a Hillman Imp for my sister, similar colour too. It was a cracking car where I often got my hands dirty keeping it going.

IMG_7068.jpg

When I was at uni I worked in the holidays to help supplement my grant and I had a great job at what was then the Adastral Garage in Farnham. I was employed as a driver (brave of them as I had only been driving for a year or so) and the bulk of my work was picking up brand new Sunbeam Stillettos and the odd Hillman Imp Californian from Basingstoke and delivering them back to Farnham, often involving illicit detours to my mates houses for a bit of showing off. They really were great little cars.

The exact same MG car was owned by a near neighbour to my parents home, Mr Adams was his name, as kids we were in awe and jealous of him having a braw car.

I was gutted that both venues did not have my first car on exhibit, which was a Ford Consul, 1725cc three speed box with column gear shift. The front and rear bench seats came in handy 🫢IMG_7169.jpeg

My very first car was a Standard 8 that I bought from a pal. It was the very primitive version without a radiator grill (an optional extra) or a boot which opened from the outside (again an optional extra) so the access was from behind the rear seats. I paid £20 for it and I had to borrow £15 from my younger brother to pay for it. I sold it 2 years later for £40 and never paid my brother back!!

The exact same MG car was owned by a near neighbour to my parents home, Mr Adams was his name, as kids we were in awe and jealous of him having a braw car.

I was gutted that both venues did not have my first car on exhibit, which was a Ford Consul, 1725cc three speed box with column gear shift. The front and rear bench seats came in handy 🫢View attachment 74169
i know what you mean Terry wink wink lolol

Back