• Hello, If you are looking for the YouTuber Special Camp - Gregg Virgoe Meetup please CLICK HERE

MH Convoys

runnach

Leaving the Slanj this morning, I stopped counting at fifteen Italian plated MH running in convoy, they were heading towards the rest and be thankful. You wonder why they do this, they must know this causes problems?

The laird

Rally Organiser

Terry I’m on the A9 a lot as you know and if four vans are together three are foreign played.this was a reason we headed to France instead of the Hebrides.im feeling for the locals up there

HurricaneSmith

Leaving the Slanj this morning, I stopped counting at fifteen Italian plated MH running in convoy, they were heading towards the rest and be thankful. You wonder why they do this, they must know this causes problems?
Maybe it's an Italian thing. I remember checking into a small site in the Netherlands. They said to me "You can stay, but it's full.". The place looked empty. ?

An hour later, a convoy of about 20 vans appeared, travelling in close formation. They jammed them in, never mind the Caravan Club pitch distance rules. ?

A decent bunch, and the next morning they were gone.

wildebus

Forget the Motorhomes, what about selfish bike riders in France taking up the roads by riding in big groups?

I was watching the TV yesterday and a traffic report (I think?) came on showing about 100 or more cyclists, all riding together, taking both sides of the road as well and plain ignoring the cars behind them! (even though those cars must have been bikers as well as they had bikes on racks on the roof).

And what's more, even though they did have helmets on, I couldn't see a single bell on the handlebars of any of the bikes. Totally disgraceful I call it!

Wully

Forget the Motorhomes, what about selfish bike riders in France taking up the roads by riding in big groups?

I was watching the TV yesterday and a traffic report (I think?) came on showing about 100 or more cyclists, all riding together, taking both sides of the road as well and plain ignoring the cars behind them! (even though those cars must have been bikers as well as they had bikes on racks on the roof).

And what's more, even though they did have helmets on, I couldn't see a single bell on the handlebars of any of the bikes. Totally disgraceful I call it!
Did the guy in front have a yellow T shirt on by any chance??

Wully

Terry bet you took the long way home up through fort William across the pass and down the A9 before you’re drive through Glasgow twice in the one week.??

runnach

Terry bet you took the long way home up through fort William across the pass and down the A9 before you’re drive through Glasgow twice in the one week.??
Wully, Gordo gave me a wee tip to take some other route to your gaff, he said just follow the empty Buckfast bottles, and sure enough, got there without having to use satnav. :whistle:

BTW, yon hospital doon the road from you is something else, why can they not all be like the Jubilee?

Left the Slanj towards top end of LL, headed to Killin, then up Ben Lawers (that don't sound right :eek:) Great night, braw views and, left around 4-ish this afternoon, as the weather was fantastic. Also got a call from the Jubilee, gotta go back on the 26th, they want to run more tests, Hmmmmmm not good!!

Wully

Terry that hospital as you said is great they are realy on the ball and get great results they deal with stuff quickly and efficiently it maybe a good thing that they need you to come back quickly

runnach

Terry that hospital as you said is great they are realy on the ball and get great results they deal with stuff quickly and efficiently it maybe a good thing that they need you to come back quickly
Aye, spot on mate, but hey, listen to this, all going well after our nest trip over (survived Clydebank twice) B's surgeon is French, yae couldnae make this up......lol.

geordy paul

Free Member

Hmm. Just out of interest how many vans were parked at the Slanj? I have not stopped there but have seen it recommended and applauded on here and elsewhere many times and have seen pictures of lots of vans parked there.
Is this not a little bit similar to what the Italians were doing?
I suspect that they were part of an organised tour just like the ones a lot of UK motorhome owners take part in and would probably thin out throughout the day.

runnach

I don't know how many vans were parked at the Slanj of the evening we stopped over, more interested in enjoying the evening than counting vans.

We were a singular MH, unlike the Italian Job Convoy, I was just glad I was heading in the opposite direction.

Tribute11

Re the Italian convoy they were on the A96 heading towards Aberdeen direction at lunchtime today

runnach

They were driving in quite a tight group when I viewed them Robert, same scenario was it?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)