MH recommendations for tall person and LEZ

Dionysius

Free Member

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for recommendations for a camper or small MH.

Im hoping to buy in the coming autumn/winter when hopefully prices will come down.

Ive had a look at a couple of vans already but found at 6ft2in the beds seem to be designed for midgets and I cant layout in them.

Main issue seems to be the beds go across the vans and not lengthwise.

A cycling aquaintance has a very old Autosleeper Flair on a Mk3 Transit where the front seats fold completely flat and the beds go lengthwise usung these - this is just about long enough but I dont see any newer conversions where the seats fold flat and beds go lengthwise they are all crosswise..

The other issues are I will sometimes wish to take my elderly mother with me and she needs a proper sit down toilet thats accessible at night (the Flair doesnt have this).

And so 2 single beds lengthwise is best option.

Oh and to make it even more awkward we live inside M25 so van needs to be LEZ compliant - so either petrol or Euro3 or higher if diesel.

And our budgets not great.....

Been looking through Ads on Ebay/Autotrader for inspiration and all I can see are..

(A) Autosleeper Talisman/Clubman/Legend GRP Monocoques which all look to be same conversion but different chassis but do seem to have fold flat front seats in some of them so beds might go lengthwise for more length ? And they have cassette toilets. And a lot seem to be a 2L Petrol at least with the Transit and Talbot chassis so would solve the LEZ problem and probably within budget. Are said to be quite leak resistant too so possibly tick many boxes.

(B) Autosleeper Duettos on older Mk4/5 Transits but everyone advertised so far seems to have the non-LEZ friendly older style diesel engine. Did they come with petrol ?

Have also seen some Autosleeper panel Van conversions on the Fiat Ducatos but dont like this chassis as they seem to suffer lots of gearbox issues and hidden rust and just seem to be mechanically delicate.(Friend has one total nightmare)

Would prefer Transit or other reliable non-Sevel chassis.

Does anyone have any more suggestions for tall person and elderly person with weak bladder and LEZ friendly conversions ?

Also like to put my bike on the back too....

Thanks in advance for any advice ...

Dionysius.

My suggestion for the toilet is a portaloo type toilet and a toilet tent.
Look in "go outdoors"
(Or an awning with walls)
Simply no space in smaller vehicles.
Good luck !

My mothers mobility means going outside in middle of night is impossible. Needs to be inside van

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back