Minority spoiling it for the majority again!!

Scomfort

Live near Cromarty. Have just heard that they are going to stop motorhome and camping on the links at the front because a few people have decided to use the gras for their toilet and the beach for their rubbish .what is wrong with some people?

The same happened in Burry Port last year. Some people just abused the free facilities and we have all suffered since as they put up height barriers. Such a shame.

I have seen it on so many occasions throughout my travels in the UK!

Generally speaking, from what I have seen, the culprits are driving stealth vans and look as if they haven't had any kind of wash for many a long month.

But I agree with other comments, are the authorities sure that the problems being caused by motorhomers as I have seen many beautiful remote spots in Scotland and Wales totally ruined by irresponsible cyclists and campers!!

Bring back conscription as well as a whle lot of self respect :mad:

Burry Port wasn't helped by 50+ vans jam packed against each other over the May bank holiday giving rise to fire safety concerns and excluding any chance of daytrip parking.
We've been since and there is room for a few vans outside the barrier.
I suspect even these will go when the marina development gets going converting the old lifeboat station into a clubhouse etc.

It’s such a pity when a few spoil it for others,we have exactly the same problem over here but often it is the tent brigade who need a loo.however I was witness to a couple of German vans just disappearing into the bushes quite regularly I suppose beginning far from home they didn’t have to empty cassettes so regularly.I feel like taking a shovel next time and when they go out depositing it back on their step.

We was at a Aires in France a couple of days ago and the trees and bushes all round the Aires was full of ** it and tissue were people had emptied their cassettes because they could not be bothered to take their cassettes 50 metres to the emptying point in case they lost their spot

I have a short hose to swap for drinking water if just filling my 25itr drum

Having used aires since 2003, we have never come across such actions. We have seen badly emptied cassettes and badly emptied black tanks with toilet paper and even worse left over on top of grilled grids and on car parks, not aires, We have seen many times toilet paper in bushes, but not enough from emptying a cassette so probably from a car user. (I hope)
Maybe we have been lucky!
Over the last 10 years, we have pretty much exclusively used aires and wild locations in mainland Europe.
Campsites for the little in the UK

edit
My pet hate, is when as is usual, a Frenchman dumping his cassette and using the drinking water tap for rinsing, when there is a suitable alternative

We have seen that and it was where they held the cassette up to the tap were people put their bottles or whatever to top their drinking water and the tap to flush their cassettes out not very far away I told him the tap he was using was for drinking water only and the tap to flush his cassette out was over there,he just shrugged his shoulders!

Witnessed at an Aire on the Meuse: all day saw motorhomes arriving and filling water tanks from a the only visible hose by the grid. At 5 pm two tractors towing big tanks arrive and proceed to pump out the septic tank, using the said hose to push down into the tank to flush it and afterwards pushing it up their s**t pipes to flush them out. Aaaargh. Later when needing water I went in search of Madame to explain what had happened and where I might find a clean tap. ‘Oh’, she said, ‘there’s a (barely visible) tap on the loo block for drinking water’. I suggested a few signs might help...’hmmm, I’ll speak to the Maire she said. A Frenchman listening on said ‘well at least it’s better than the campsite, half of their taps come from the canal, they don’t have signs either!’

Witnessed and photographed the aftermath of mess left by a van at Sealife car park, having driven off with their grey waste tap open. The following morning there was literally a grey line across the car park. :(

Out of ignorance, what do people put down their sinks? If it's washing up water and shower water we are encouraged to water our gardens with this.
We don't have a "grey" waste tank, and a old washing up bowl catches any solids that escaped scraping before washing. Often we will treat a tree or bush that is in desperate need for water.

Mark

We don't have a "grey" waste tank, Often we will treat a tree or bush that is in desperate need for water.
It,s the smell from the food waste you leave behind in the water that people object to shouldn,t be difficult to fit some sort of tank an dispose of it hygenicaly I have seen someone with a 5 gallon can under the sink and take it out to empty in a drain

It,s the smell from the food waste you leave behind in the water that people object to shouldn,t be difficult to fit some sort of tank an dispose of it hygenicaly I have seen someone with a 5 gallon can under the sink and take it out to empty in a drain
"and a old washing up bowl catches any solids that escaped scraping before washing"

We've seen many people discharge "grey tanks" whilst driving down the road. I don't know about your domestic habits, but forcing food waste down sink if not what we do. I'm sure that you are just stirring the pot for kicks. We try very hard to leave no evidence of or travels. Not only for our satisfaction, but for the benefit and education of others.

Mark

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back