Mirrors Reminder

JoeHymer

Free Member

Mirrors Reminder

Having spent several hours trying to free the Mirrors in an A Class Hymer, it might be time well spent over the holiday to check your mirrors and apply Grease if necessary.
Mine were stuck solid and required a lot of effort to free and disassemble them for re greasing and Spring tension adjustment.

Delighted that you don't have stiff mirrors Ffion. That's really great to know!,
Perhaps some of us are not quite so lucky and maybe, just maybe, a check and a few grammes of grease might save the side of a Motorhome in the event of a clash of mirrors.
But that could never happen to your brand, I'm sure. It probably just those dreadful German Hymers that have such imperfections!

On reflection, possibly a good move.

Nice one Teejay........... just noticed the "reflection" ............in my mirror LOL

Can you tell me how to stop other vehicles from breaking my mirror please, the back end of 2 lorries and the last one a delivery van in a hurry. :Very_sad_emoji_icon the mirror surround has been patched up twice, this time we've bought the protectors.

That's incredibly unlucky, to have three incidents that broke your mirror. Some say that bad things happen in threes, so hopefully, this is all in the past.
I can't comment in any meaningful way about protectors because I've never used them. They look like they would help to protect the mirror in minor clashes.
Hopefully, you won't ever find out.
Safe travels.

Hi,

We have Mirrorguard protectors on our Ducato but recently we pulled over at some traffic lights to let a flashing ambulance get past. It must have been a similar Ducato as he misjudged the gap and took out the side indicator lens with his wing mirror?.

Got a replacement lens from Amazon for about £14. It was quite straightforward to replace once YouTube came to the rescue.

I don't think greasing the mirror pivots would have helped as the centering action is quite strong.

Steve

Hmm shorter arms for A Class vehicles, thats an interesting idea.
Didn't know that was possible. Just assumed the manufacturer would have used the optimum "Stick-Out" distance. Well worth considering.
I wonder if shorter arms are readily available.

Intigrated vans have short armes I believe, semi intigrated vans have the longer arms, if the mirrors get through a gap then the body will also get through, rather the mirrors being damaged than the side of the van being ripped.

*****;n16294 said:
I think with the cost of A Class mirrors nowadays, it is not about trying to see if the mirrors get past, it is about keeping the mirrors from getting damaged!

I don´t think I would be able to see behind me if the mirors were short arms, I think the hab side would get in the way, but not ever tried them who knows :Hugging_Face_Emoji:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back