Missing person in Portugal/Spain - shared post, keep a look out.

PaulR

Free Member

I read this post and wanted to share... Hope you guys don't mind, I can only imagine what her son is going through.

MISSING PERSON

Please share too as many Motorhome and caravanning groups.
4th May 2023.
My Mum is travelling alone through Portugal and Spain in her Motorhome, she has not been in touch for four days and we are unable to make contact with her. It has been reported to the police and the British consulate and she is now on the European Interpol missing list.
She last posted on FB Saturday evening on the 1st May and we believe the beach photos taken were somewhere near, Playa De Almayate, Bajamir. Near Malaga.
She is driving an Elddis Autoquest 2012.
Reg PO62CZE, we are unsure of the direction She may be travelling but claimed she was driving 2/3hrs a day.
Her name is Jasmine, 75 years old, 5ft 7inch long dark brown hair.
If anyone is currently in the south of Spain around Malaga or the southern coast of Spain could you please check the sites or aires you are in for the vehicle.
I can be contacted via email
Paulhdale@gmail.com 24/7
Or contact the local Malaga Police with any information. Tel: 952046200 or the British consulate.
THANK YOU PLEASE SHARE..

Probably found a nice Spanish guy with a boat and decided to stay a while just like Shirley Valantine 🙃 Hope she is OK.

She wasn't lost. She knew exactly where she was. Panicing family. It was better when there was not mobile phones checking up on you all the time.
Meg
Yes years ago my son put a tracker on my van when I travelled a lot on my own he said it was incase I broke down and I didn’t know where I was, I was quite cross at the time and had to explain to him that I was the parent in our relationship and with all the techy stuff on my phone it’s pretty hard to get lost. 😂

We are always lost on our travels as we seldom plan much, let's see is our way but I understand the concern of this ladies family, just wandering is the very essence of a Motorhome I think. Glad to hear she is safe, we have met several lone lady travelers this trip some quite elderly too it is never too late.

Isn't getting lost the new I know where I'm going?

This got plastered all over multiple Facebook Groups as well. so I was quite busy deleting the duplicates from the group I moderate.
Obviously many of the Facebook spoonfeds are far too lazy to notice it had often already been posted a few clicks below theirs!

A shame the same plasterers were to lazy to update their posts or better still delete them once the little crisis was over.
How wonderfully free life was for everyone before the damned mobile phone!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back