Morrisons Gas

Winks

Filled up a couple of days ago at our local Morrisons in Barrow and the lad on the till came and had look at our gas set up before switching on the pump. First time we've been checked and he had a document from management with all the relevant stuff highlighted. I did clock a mention of Safefill amongst the text for those who may be interested. If I think on I'll pop in and ask to have a read at it next time we're shopping there.

Cheers

H

Did they look in at your gas setup or just at the filler point? Mine is external located on the skirt and you don’t need to access the gas cupboard.

Ours is mounted in the locker but not on the bottles, obviously.

Cheers

H

Ours is similar.
Given it is a proper re-fuelling point there should be no problem.
I suspect some staff may not be fully aware or confident it is legit and so refuse on a "Safety First" basis.
Which is wrong but understandable !

I have the same in-locker fill point and i have never had a problem or been checked at Morrisons Leyland.

The last time i filled up there was last week.

The only time i`ve ever been checked was the first time at Preston Calor, Factory lane, Penwortham, Preston.

They came out to make sure it wasn`t one of the on-bottle adapters you can buy as they said they have people every week trying to use them which they do not allow.

As soon as they saw it was ok my registration went on the list and they let me fill up

They have 4 cctv cameras set up so they can see all 4 sides of vehicles when they are on the LPG pump.

They have even had people trying to fill bottles laid down on the back seat of a cars so it was not visible.

This was an issue a little while ago. I’m pretty sure Phil contacted someone at Morrison’s. A Ms Kahn ? It’ll be on here somewhere. Or maybe on WC.

The Morrison’s at Binley is padlocked so you have to go into the shop and ask for it to be unlocked so they can check that you aren’t filling a normal gas bottle

A couple of years ago there was much made of a "ban" by Morrisons for filly gas bottles, even proper refillable! We never had a problem at any garage, Morrisons included. Most places are OK as long as you don't have a boot or door open. We have been checked when we open the gas locker door, but never been refused. In Morrisons, I always go into the kiosk and say I want gas and ask if they want to check my system. Once or twice they have, but mostly it is OK.

I did see one guy trying to fill a Calor bottle with one of the adapters that goes directly on the bottle. I believe they are available on eBay. Anyhoo, he was having a hard time of it and hadn't connected it fully. His boot had what looked like a fog that was coming from the connection at high pressure. I reversed backwards quite a distance and the petron station supervisor turned off the pumps and evacuated the forecourt. Fire service and police arrived and the fire service ventilated the boot.

Made me very wary when going in for gas and if I say someone doing the same, I would report it. Very scary when you imagine what could have happened.

Very true. Loads of people don't understand gas at all, let alone the rudimentary level of safety which must be observed if you want to stay in one piece. There was a tale on the old Post Office jointing courses of bailing propane out of manholes with a bucket. The one big obsession I have is turning the fridge off whenever I go on a forecourt.

Cheers

H

Morrisons at Boroughbridge were very helpful to me when I first got my gaslow system. The assistant came out of the kiosk and helped me.

I filled up at Asda in Spondon a few days ago, they now have a sign on the pump stating that no bottles of any type can be filled, they didn't come out to check my system (underslung tank) so I think if you have a fill point on the outside you are OK

I filled up at Asda in Spondon a few days ago, they now have a sign on the pump stating that no bottles of any type can be filled, they didn't come out to check my system (underslung tank) so I think if you have a fill point on the outside you are OK

My local Asda has that sign too. No problem filling my bottles with the external filler.

As far as I am concerned a bottle becomes a tank as soon as it is permanently attached to a body mounted fixed external filler. It just happens to be bottle shaped, who says tanks can’t be cylindrical or bottle shaped?

As far as I am concerned a bottle becomes a tank as soon as it is permanently attached to a body mounted fixed external filler. It just happens to be bottle shaped, who says tanks can’t be cylindrical or bottle shaped?

You may find it difficult to argue the point, when you're faced with a fuel pump attendant refusing to turn on the pump.
We came across this in Portugal and didn't get any gas from the garage.

Jobs worth, it’s elf and safety gorn mad! Alternatively, someone covering their backside..?

You may find it difficult to argue the point, when you're faced with a fuel pump attendant refusing to turn on the pump.
We came across this in Portugal and didn't get any gas from the garage.
Very possibly but in the first instance I would just say I had a fixed tank, which in my opinion I have.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back