Most expensive pitch ever

MOJO

Free Member

On our USA road trip we are due to hit New Orleans for a night out.Problem is getting a site near enough.All too far out plus return taxi is more expensive than this quote.Site is next to the French Quarter .The most we have ever paid for a pitch .One night only !

Anyone paid more ?

Reservation Confirmation From French Quarter RV Resort

Dear Gary Jenkins,

Thank you for booking with French Quarter RV Resort. If you have any questions, please call our booking line at +1 (504) 586-3000.

Listed below are the details of your upcoming reservation.

Confirmation
Check-in Date: 06-DEC-2018
Check-out Date: 07-DEC-2018
Unit Type: FHU-BI Site
Number of Nights: 1
Charges: $105.00
Deposit Paid: $112.82
Payments: $0.00
Tax: $7.82

Total: $0.00

A friend was thinking about going to Blackpool for a week in their motohome earlier this year in the school summer holidays.

The site Haven, Marton Mere, Blackpool, quoted them £85 a night for a 28ft motorhome, 2 adults, 1 child and 1 dog on a hardstanding electric pitch.

£595 for a 7 night stay on a shyte hole of a site out in the sticks, not walkable anywhere on the edge of Blackpool. They didn`t bother.

A friend was thinking about going to Blackpool for a week in their motohome earlier this year in the school summer holidays.

The site Haven, Marton Mere, Blackpool, quoted them £85 a night for a 28ft motorhome, 2 adults, 1 child and 1 dog on a hardstanding electric pitch.

£595 for a 7 night stay on a shyte hole of a site out in the sticks, not walkable anywhere on the edge of Blackpool. They didn`t bother.
Haven arent all bad they do some good low season deals

So I get the gold medal for most rip off pitch cost,no one has paid more ?
Don't want to leave van unattended on a car park till 1 am so bit the bullet.

I would agree a small price (may be not that small) for piece of mind.

Haven arent all bad they do some good low season deals

Yes i know and we`ve had some slightly out of season nights with them for as little as £3 a night for hardstanding electric pitches.

I was iust answering MOJO`s original question.

Update

We made the right decision.Checked in at 11am and only 15 minutes stroll in to French Quarter.Came back at midnight by cab for safety,cost 8 dollarsIMG_20181207_102953.jpgIMG_20181206_163636.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back