MOT nearly Due ...

wildebus

MOT due middle of next month, so had booked the old fella in for today to get it out the way and give me time to do anything that cropped up.
Always do the walkaround and check the basics beforehand to avoid silly failures but also always forget stuff :rolleyes: (my T4 failed its MOT once on number plate bulbs :()

This time I forgot to check the wiper blades and the sidelight markers that you get on the LWB vehicles. And guess what? Yup. Wiper blade and a side marker bulb was gone. Fortunately the garage must have had a quick check over the basics before the test started so they replaced those first and so avoided an intial fail :D

I also did a bit of an "Italian Tuneup" yesterday, getting the Revs up to give the exhaust a bit of a blast-though. Seemed to work as the smoke test went down from last years pretty decent 0.47 to todays 0.26, so well chuffed with that as well. While I was doing my run I also rode the brakes a bit to clean off any surface corrosions (a constant issue around my area with all cars as there is so little traffic so even when the vehicle gets used, the brakes don't!)

So another years MOT with a straight (-ish :geek: ) pass and no Advisories (y)

Just £17.50 for bulb and blade and no charge to fit, and a £40 MOT charge. I'm a happy camper :love:

mine is due next month as well Dave but ive never payed for an MOT for the last 40 years .I know it need a new sump which ive had for a few month and the flexy bit of the exhaust again ive had for a few month so ive never had to worry about it .Make a big differance when your best mate runs a garage .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back