MOT Passed

Mine failed on its handbrake my bill was £592 for mot plus repairs, full service and the roof resealing.

Mmn Happens
We had our roof re-sealed in 2014..Other things as well
Total £1500 or so !
Since then just planned cambelt as in OP
I put money aside every month for such expenses.
But no need to use it for this MOT ..just pay out of normal account. As I will with Roadtax due soon

Got mine done today. No advisories - it's an 09 Chausson and has only ever had one advisory for front tyres nearing limit so well pleased with it's history and service record. Bob

Advisories were originally intended to be helpful, but are now abused and can even be of no value.

When we moved to here I had no idea where to take our previous van for it's Mot and plucked one out of the air. They passed it, but gave us a batch of advisories.

I ignored the lot and took the van to a place recommended as being fair, and showed them the previous ignored advisories. They smiled, and passed it it without issue.

Obviously, they couldn't confirm that it was a scam aimed at drumming up work, but in my view that's exactly what it was.

I agree to a point, but the garage issuing the MOT with advisories isn't necessarily going to get to do any remedial work. To me they are pointing out that a part is going to require some attention so it's up to the owner what action to take. I suppose what one tester thinks may well vary from another tester. I just bought my daughter a MK6 Fiesta ST which was only made between 05 and 08. I looked at 7 which all had advisories and sided with the tester. Managed to get the 8th which had very few during it's life and it is an absolute cracker of a motor, well looked after, so presume other buyers will do as I did and check MOT history before viewing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back