'Motor Caravan'

Abbiebarlow98

I have recently bought a minibus that has already been reclassified as a 'motor caravan' however the interior wasn't great so I want to strip it all out and start again. Does anyone know whether I will have to get it reclassified again to the new regs or whether as it is already a 'motor caravan' it doesn't matter if I make any changes.

No, might be advisable just to let your insurance know. It will still be a Motor Caravan, so no need to change it's classification.

The obvious answer would be to leave it on the logbook as a motor caravan as you're not changing the purpose of the vehicle are you?

Once done I'd have a habitational check done (or have each bit checked as you do it). Other than that, good luck in your build.

I have recently bought a minibus that has already been reclassified as a 'motor caravan' however the interior wasn't great so I want to strip it all out and start again. Does anyone know whether I will have to get it reclassified again to the new regs or whether as it is already a 'motor caravan' it doesn't matter if I make any changes.
You're lucky the hard bits sorted now. Just crack on & make the interior how you want it. No need to worry about DVLA as you're not actually changing anything. Don't forget we need some piccies of your bus please. We like piccies here....😉

Just make sure (as I am sure you intend) that is has the obvious requirements
Bed Cooking etc. As others have posted you should not need to reclassify (already done) but just keep details pictures etc. Which almost certainly WON'T be needed by DVLA BUT maybe by insurers (confirmation of modifications) but again should be no problem.

Will definitely be posting some photos soon!

Why not come on over to the sister site of Motorhomer and join us on the www.motorhomebuilder.com its FREE!

There you will find a whole load of nutters like almost nowhere else, all of whom get a mighty great big kick out of helping and generally answering those questions that a converter might otherwise be stumbling over.

There is one immediate guess I will make about your converted mini bus and that is, if they have skimped somewhat with the build then it will almost certainly not have the best insulation which can make them a right royal 'B' to keep warm and condensation free.

Phil

Yep same here with mine,bought it of a chap who well lets say would have been better just watching telly,a total b--ls up so ripped all out and started from scratch,i was flabergasted at his so called electrical work or should i say fire hazard,if you are doing a job do it right first time or as close as possable.
Draw out on paper what you want,then make the wiring runs up as this will and should be your first job because to late when all is in place like ceilings etc,good luck from a self blodger.

van c.jpgcamper 1.jpgcamper 2.jpgcamper 7.jpgcamper 10.jpgcamper 11.jpgfablon on doors.jpghood painted a.jpgvs3.jpgvs16.jpgvan respray.jpgwash room.jpgvan to back.jpgforward from beds.jpgsw  3.jpgvan roof.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back