Motor home noise

Linda Burrows

Just bought An Adria matrix 670 SL motor home, very pleased, but we are getting a noise coming from the shower roof light when we reach speeds of about 50mpg.
On the motorway it gets very noisy and very irritating. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
I suspect the problem is the air getting underneath the roof unit as it sits proud of the van. I have made sure the roof light is locked down, but doesn’t seem to make any difference.

i had a similar problem once , and found taking out the skylight and turning it 180 degrees stopped it. mine sounded like the back axle was breaking up

you might experiment first by gaffer taping a bit of cardboard as a deflector n front of the light

Do you have anything else on the roof, satellite dish, tv aerial, solar panels, or roof rails or bars??
A friend of ours bought a Burstner A class and on their first motorway drive found it had a very loud noise at about 50mph, it turned out it was caused by the bars across the roof that had been installed by a previous owner to take a canoe, once removed the noise was gone.

If the vent is a standard one I'm sure everyone else with the same model as yours would experience it, so would suggest it must be caused by something other than just the vent.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back