MOTOR HOME STOLEN LAST NIGHT

TJBi

Replacing with Burstner Nexxo Family A645. Another Ford mk 7. Drives well 6 speed 140hp. We will be able to put whole sorry affair behind us now. Thanks everyone
Glad to hear that you've managed to find a suitable replacement, but do ensure that you do the maximum in terms of boosting security.

Wrighpm

Free Member
Will enhance security. Police say a Disklok on steering wheel deters the guys who just want to jump in clone a key and drive off. I will still do deadlocks on the doors and maybe a heavy duty switch on battery +ve lead (with a fused 10A bypass for charging from EHU).

TJBi

Will enhance security. Police say a Disklok on steering wheel deters the guys who just want to jump in clone a key and drive off. I will still do deadlocks on the doors and maybe a heavy duty switch on battery +ve lead (with a fused 10A bypass for charging from EHU).
Sounds good as a minimum, but if there's an alarm system that is disarmed by turning the key in the cab door, using a lock pick in said door will also disarm the alarm (as I discovered to my cost). Something to bear in mind.

nickvanbitz

Have to agree with TJBi, sadly with the cost of buying a battery powered grinder and the Ford system being as it is, it wouldn't take much to get round the systems you are thinking of.
An independent Thatcham approved security system which isn't connected via the OBD Diagnostic port (like some) alongside such mechanical devices would be the recommendation. Ideally something with additional immobilisation that is controlled independently via an app or I.D tag.
There are many different examples on the market, here's the one's we offer here:

When you are looking at less than 5% cost on a van of £30,000, isn't it worth thinking about to hold on to your pride and joy and do the best you can to hold on to it?