Motorhome Breakdown Cover 24/7

Redpara54

Free Member

Looking for a 24 hour breakdown service for my Motorhome, used to be with Drive 24/7who have now gone into receivership, can anyone on Motorhome.com reccomend a company ?

I do all my travel and breakdown insurance with a nationwide current account - I think it's about £150 pa for worldwide travel and European breakdown on any size van (cars included as well)
It pays reasonable interest so if you keep cash in it cost is less.
Other insurance included - worth a look.

I use my Co-Operative bank travel and insurance which is great as it too has worldwide travel and European breakdown on any size van (cars included too)

Make sure to mention the size and weight of your MH if you are over 3500kg, as some places won't cover you if you are too large/heavy, I believe.

Graham
smile.gif

Looking for a 24 hour breakdown service for my Motorhome, used to be with Drive 24/7who have now gone into receivership, can anyone on Motorhome.com reccomend a company ?
I am insured through AIB, and they charged me about £80 for breakdown cover at renewal this year, but I don't know if you can buy it without insuring your motorhome with them

All breakdown insurance is included in our yearly insurance premium ,as far as I know you can’t opt out but we are in Portugal. The amount of vehicles one sees on the back of breakdown trucks is amazing.

I am insured through AIB, and they charged me about £80 for breakdown cover at renewal this year, but I don't know if you can buy it without insuring your motorhome with them

Any idea which company they sub contract too for road side assistance/recovery. Cheers.

Any idea which company they sub contract too for road side assistance/recovery. Cheers.
I've dug out the paperwork and it appears to be their own brand policy. The paperwork is titled "AIB Motor Insurance Breakdown provided by Trinity Lane Insurance Company".

The additional premium was £78.55 for the breakdown cover for the year.

I can't see anything in the paperwork to identify the breakdown company, but they might tell you if you call them. In the event of a breakdown I have to call "IMA UK Assistance Ltd 24 Hour Breakdown Control Centre" on 01245 408480

We use autohome they will cover any vehicle we have home plus it covers the motor home, car and my classic American car you can also add European cover for additional premium

I used to use the camping and MH club single trip insurance until I found the RAC would give me a full year continental and UK breakdown cover for 2/3rds of the price of a 4 week holiday to France. When I chatted with the RAC man and asked why there was no extra premium for my 20 year old van, he said their experience showed that the old vans were more reliable!

Third time I have posted similar this morning ?
RAC basic cover with C&CC gives arrivals which has no limits.

PM me if you go down that road pm me, we can get recommend a friend lol.

Like V1nny I'm with AIB , just renewed and about £90 extra for breakdown cover.

Maximum return within 75miles on terms and conditions. Doesn't sound that good for Relay?

Yep, the RAC are pretty good as DD says above. I simply stopped to pass the time of day in a supermarket car park to an agent selling cover. I was already with the RAC, he asked to see my card and pointed out that if I needed relay I wouldn't be covered [Sprinter 3.5GVW] so by upgrading he saved a potential disaster... I then had free CCC for a year although I don't use it..

I researched the subject a while ago after a bad experience with AXA, RAC have had the worst press coverage in the last few years, with very poor customer service. I went for a Nationwide FlexPlus account, with cover by Britannia Rescue (part of LV), but also includes phone ins., basic Travel Ins and no charge ATMs abroad. Doesn't have to be main account, no minimums in or out per month. No age limit and large size limit up to 7.5t and 8m. The full cost is £13 per month but if opened in joint names but get full cover and account benefits, they also pay 3% interest pm on up to £2500 balance, so they give us about £6.50 pm, all the cover and benefits then cost us £6.50 pm or £3.25 each. The full policy is on their website, the small print includes excellent plus points for the cover.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back