motorhome charger

mike17

I have had a problem with the charger not working when connected to mains hookup, I took the unit out and posted it to Martin Bushnell at
AANDNCARAVAN SERVICES.CO.UK He checked and then refurbish the unit and sent it back within 5 working days , this was cheaper than a new unit and comes with a guarantee, their web site has a lot of useful information as well, a 5 star service :):)(y) mike

Yes A and N get lots of mentions, very knowledgeable and helpful. Had a lot of useful help from Martin myself and so far never actually paid for anything. I will use though if/when the time comes

I got my Schaudt Elektroblock control unit replaced by Martin, one of his refurbished exchange units, sent back return post, a lot cheaper. Funny thing was, he emailed me about the one I returned saying that it was caused by long term hookup, but they are regulated and stop charging when battery's are full.

Did you leave it on long term hook up ?

My concern would have been battery damage not charger damage from long term hook up ( how is this defined anyway?)

During dark winter months i put van on hook up via a timer and just have it switched on for 1 hour a day to keep batteries topped up

Is the charger big enough for your battery bank, is that what he means? I had to fit an additional charger as I had 2 x 135ah leisure batteries plus a bit for starter top up and my Schaudt EBL charger was rated st 18 amps so good for 180ah batteries.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back