Motorhome going into storage, batteries being removed.

TrevandJenny

As I have recently broken my tib and fib I will be off motorhoming for a while. Our MH has been removed to a secure storage centre.
I am having the leisure batteries removed this week together with other items. Question is,
As the Solar panel is roof mounted what is suggested regarding safety as it will still produce voltage through the Sargent 328 controller.
I understand that taking the fuses out prior to removing batteries is the safest way, however what do you do ref the power being still supplied to the controller From the panel.

I have an inline fuse from solar which I can remove, if your van is undercover then either remove the starter bat and take home to float charge or find a power socket where its stored and put on float.

I don't understand why you woild remove battery as van going in to storage.
I had a couple of wants on our recent trip north, VP semi air plus battery change, had the VP fitted then broke leg, no battery change. Removing them to test out as advised by MH contributor, if totalled will go with the change Charging control and batteries option when able to go north again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back