Motorhome Tracker

• Thread starter Deleted member 6692
  • Start date

Deleted member 6692

Hi everyone, I’m looking to purchase a tracker for my motorhome, can anyone recommend a reasonable priced tracker?
Look forward to your replies.
Cheers Munchkin.

Does it have to be an insurance approved tracker with 24/7 monitoring that has a yearly subscription or just for you to monitor / track your motorhome in the event it gets stolen.

This work well just text it a code and it replys with a google link to its location accurate to a few yards
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-GSM...roof-Motorcycle-Tracking-Locator/303698970148
I got one like the one quoted above. Put an ASDA mobile simcard in it and just put £10 credit on it and just need to send it a text every now and then to stop simcard going idle. Power fed from the constant live of radio. After texting the code to it you get a Google maps link.....with streetview picture.. It won't satisfy insurers but might let you find out where the scum have taken it. It is also good if you get lost in a strange place and want to fing your MH

Thank you for your replies, I’m looking for a tracker to locate the MH if it gets stolen and to trace it on my phoneI, don’t want to pay subscription fees. All suggestions welcome and investigated.
Cheers.

loads on ebay cheap but you have spent a lot of your hard earned cah on your van so why not spend alittle more for piece of mind to protect it?
i have just fitted a tracker from rewire on ebay brilliant bit of kit £49 plus £60 a year not a lot of money to protect your van .

Hi everyone, I’m looking to purchase a tracker for my motorhome, can anyone recommend a reasonable priced tracker?
Look forward to your replies.
Cheers Munchkin.
Hi, we got the rewire 104-pro off ebay three years ago for our lad's motorbike. It's more expensive now (£90 + £35pa, we paid £60 + £20). When his bike was nicked, tracker meant he got it back and thief was locked up, so for him it was worth every penny. He went to Europe twice for hols, and we could log in on the app and see where he was which was great. Support from them is superb too. Wouldn't ever be without this bit of kit now.

Insurance companies like expensive, but if you have a choice, don't buy one that just uses text messages.
Trackers that respond to SMS don't help if the thief hides the van out of mobile coverage, of if they disconnected the tracker.
Get one that reports to a server twice a minute. Even if the thief stops it working, you have the track history to lead you (or the police) towards it.
Nearly all trackers can connect to a server. The difference is what you pay for the server subscription. Cheap or free ones work but only keep records for a short time, or they charge a lot after the initial period.
£20 per year is a sensible top price.

It says it has 'history route playback'. Does this mean that at the end of a trip you can download where you have been?

Where do you position the tracker for best mobile signal?

It looks to have a lot of features.

Screenshot_20210314-184157_Samsung Internet.jpg

That looks like a real Sinotrack ST-901. They're really good, but beware: cheap copies look much the same and are not good at all. My brother bought a clone and had to send it back. He bought a Sinotrack and had no more issues.
If it stores the location history in memory, that'll not help. You need one that updates a server in real time. It's not hard to configure. PM me if you are stuck for a server or for how to set it up.

Position the tracker where it can see near the horizon for GSM signal and it can see the sky above for GPS signal. They can "see" through plastic but not through metal.
Hide it where a thief can't find it. Ideally, hide a second one really well.

Hi, we got the rewire 104-pro off ebay three years ago for our lad's motorbike. It's more expensive now (£90 + £35pa, we paid £60 + £20). When his bike was nicked, tracker meant he got it back and thief was locked up, so for him it was worth every penny. He went to Europe twice for hols, and we could log in on the app and see where he was which was great. Support from them is superb too. Wouldn't ever be without this bit of kit now.
Hi there, thanks for your reply, I’ll look into your suggestion, it sounds good. The trouble with all these subscriptions is they tend to increase yearly. So far in the five years I’ve been a Motorhomer I’ve only met one person who had his MH stolen, lucky enough he had a tracker fitted, he was able to retrieve it from the docks after the police called him, it appears it was on it’s way to Europe. Thanks again

The trouble with all these subscriptions is they tend to increase yearly.
Our prices have stayed the same for several years. In general, computing is getting cheaper over time, not more expensive. I don't see much reason for regular price rises. But then again, our prices haven't been reduced either!

Our prices have stayed the same for several years. In general, computing is getting cheaper over time, not more expensive. I don't see much reason for regular price rises. But then again, our prices haven't been reduced either!
Same here in fact last year if I renewed a month early they gave me 13 months for the same price.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back