Motorhome Window Security

Like any dog they can be trained to be aggressive but they can give you a nasty lick if pushed.

But presumably if there were some motorhomes parked together and one had visible anti break in stuff and the others didn't then any impromptu thief would attempt the break in on the easier one first wouldn't they?
Not sure that would be the case with the plastic windows or single glass cab windows. I would expect a thief to for the most expensive looking van on the basis they could have better picking inside.

I wish people would stop perpetuating the false bad image of Rottweilers. Anybody who knows one would know they are one of the least aggressive of any dog breed.

As for security, if someome wants to break in there's no point risking more damage by trying to stop them.

Alarming the doors and windows may help, but from what I've seen most alarms are ignored these days anyway and people are too scared to get involved. So maybe a video camera to collect evidence is better than deterrents?
Most of the time police aren’t interested in video footage, they certainly aren’t in Hull when folks have footage of dodgy goings on. Get better results posting them on local Facebook pages

Most of the time police aren’t interested in video footage, they certainly aren’t in Hull when folks have footage of dodgy goings on. Get better results posting them on local Facebook pages

The police may not be, but maybe an insurance compamy would?

Is posting such video on FB legal?

I wish people would stop perpetuating the false bad image of Rottweilers. Anybody who knows one would know they are one of the least aggressive of any dog breed.

As for security, if someome wants to break in there's no point risking more damage by trying to stop them.

Alarming the doors and windows may help, but from what I've seen most alarms are ignored these days anyway and people are too scared to get involved. So maybe a video camera to collect evidence is better than deterrents?
Two step security is the way I looked at it. I have had a van with an aftermarket PIR awning light fitted and a pretty standard vehicle alarm. I never needed much more than that while on a trip as the dogs were a sufficient extra alarm.

When parked up on my driveway I had CCTV coverage plus a reversed and locked drivers seat with an alarm if the lock was tampered with. Nowadays it is relatively easy to use cheap cctv cameras in and on the van which will message your mobile phone when activated. I believe in making up your own uniquue system as the more professional thieves know exactly how to get around security systems.

No. It is not illegal to take pictures or video of anyone or anything from your own property or a public place. It is also not illegal to post on a public forum, subject to their terms and conditions. BUT.. If you post an item with someone you think broke into your van for instance, you cannot say that this is the person who did it! You can say that the person may have information that might help. If posting such items were illegal, you would never be able to take pictures of your kids on a beach, without getting a release signed from everyone in shot.

You do of course have to be careful of GDPR regulations, but they cannot be used to stop you taking pictures in a public place, or anywhere the public is allowed. (But if you take pictures in say a shopping centre, it is wise to stop if asked. BUT... No one have the right to take your camera, ask the view the pictures or demand you delete the pictures, not even a police officer without a court order. But if they arrest you, they can take the camera and view content, but still cannot delete content.

That’s what I said with Yes lol. Looks like there are some exceptions to public places though, government offices if a couple of the videos I have seen are to be believed are one of them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back