Should the app have offline mapping

• Yes, it needs to have offline mapping

Votes: 62 82.7%
  • No, offline mapping is not an important feature

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters
1 The ability to be able to copy GPS to TomTom etc
2 As no 1 but to a tablet and maps.me
3 A Rating system Maybe 0 to 5 ( 0 = do not stop)
4 Simple comments uploadable/viewable with the rating given by the commenter
5 Photos uploadable/viewable
6 Facilities (Freshwater, Grey water, Toilet waste, toilets EHU.
7 Food shopping nearby
8 Noise at night
9 Safety
10 Cost guide

1 The ability to be able to copy GPS to TomTom etc
If you mean 'copy from the phone app to a separate navigation device automagically', then that is 'problematic (as far as I am aware). (I'm not sure you can electronically/wirelessly send data from a phone to a sat-nav, but I might be wrong).
If you mean 'copy location long/lat from one app to another', then that should be relatively simple to do. (caveat - I'm not an app developer).

2 As no 1 but to a tablet and maps.me
As above - you'd essentially have to email the long/lat from one device to another (in effect), with all the corresponding problems that would incur.

3 A Rating system Maybe 0 to 5 ( 0 = do not stop)
4 Simple comments uploadable/viewable with the rating given by the commenter
5 Photos uploadable/viewable
6 Facilities (Freshwater, Grey water, Toilet waste, toilets EHU.
7 Food shopping nearby
8 Noise at night
9 Safety
10 Cost guide

Define 'safety'? What that means to you is totally different to what it means to me, and any other person.

FWIW - most of the other apps do 2-10 already and so I'd assume Phil is already on that case.
This is why I asked the questions I did in my first post - often it's simply not worth the investment to go up against the current market incumbents, because they've already got systems that are providing the services you're thinking of providing, so you have to come up with something much better/slicker/more useful in order to get users to switch over.

Off line mapping for me. Might be useful to make a page with every possible feature that could be included then people could rate them, otherwise we all have to reinvent the wheel. Such a list also likely to stimulate creative ideas.

as you know phil i am a computer numpty so for me it is user friendliness that is important, personally i have 3 different networks on 3 different devices & can almost always get online and it’s getting easier to do so, i like to be able to isolate areas i’m looking at then fine check the area ala park 4 night app, on the theme if your gonna steal an idea make sure it’s a good one there is a website fuelflash.eu that lets you search an area you may be going through & gives you nearest cheapest fuel by different types costs etc and links to various maps to navigate you there that would be good but would need to be online ? to be constantly updated,

Phil.
Is the core of this still based on the GeoZone product?
If so, I'll try and map some ideas onto it.
As I have said before, I'm happy to help with testing

Mike

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back