Motorhomer !

jagmanx

Originally not impressed..However having used it more recently there are some really good features.
1 The alerts
2 The likes function
3 The display
4 Random Photo gallery..

I have 2 simple suggestion or this (no4)
a) a request that pictures are "blessed with a comment"
b) that photos get resized to something like 1000 by 800 pixels so they display more easily.
This is something of a bugbear with me as with Modern cameras/phones a typical image size may well be 3000 by 2400 pixels.
Thus the file size is 9x as big (3x3=9) thus slower to display
In most cases the viewer will not lose any quality when viewing as laptop screens are often 1024 by whatever and phones/tablets even less....
Just a very polite request (nay thought) for those who know how to do...If you do not know just keep posting anyway
Thanks Phil

If you upload photos to the 'Media' section there is an option to add text.

Sorry, can't help you with the pic size, but perhaps Phil can help.

It is not a question it is a suggestion that users (if they can) be more aware of image sizes
As I posted a large image of say 3000 by 2400pixels (7.2Megalpixels) Is actuallly 9x larger than a 1000 by 800 pixel image (().8 Megapixels) and so is slower to load and indeed also uses more data/bandwidth.
There are various simple programs which allow resizing. (I Use Irfanview)
I keep my originals as full size and resize one I wish to upload and save to a subfolder called "resized"
An example here
Image metadata
Filename4986926E-650C-48CD-AA7B-9463D0ACDCCB.jpeg
File size1.4 MB
Dimensions 4032px x 3024px

This could be resized by a factor of 4 (squared =16)
to 1008 by 756 and the file size would be reduced from 1.4 MB to 1.4/16 = 0.0875 MB = 87.5KB

Viewing quality unaffected

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back