Mr Laird.

runnach

What do you think Gordon, should we trade in our 1000W units for this new bad boy?......................Discuss.

Gordon, we need to arrange an executive meeting soon.

1668195168004.png

Last edited:
Dave, you have lost more out your pockets running for the bus!!

My loose change only runs to one of these 🤣🤣

My loose change only runs to one of these 🤣🤣

Yes, the council house version power station :giggle:

How much. I still don’t get these battery packs ive never needed one up till now if I could find a use for one I’d buy one Costco has one just now looks decent but the names of putting the missing W. If I bought one I know I’d get slagged aff the two Ronnies

996EF681-4D6E-4670-AB75-C2E820922A0D.jpeg

I dont see the point of these or am i missing something, defo not my cash for sure.
Many positives Trev. Cut down gas consumption for boiling a travel kettle for tea/coffee for example. Airless fryer, I can hook up 240v and run fridge, tv, water heater is another example. I have charged our eBike batteries, plus other devices on my Jackery.

I recharge the bank when driving via MH 12v system, or recharge using solar.

OK, while one does have to factor in the capitol cost of unit, for me it works and offers me added options while wild camping.

I am also using it within the home to power devices during these energy crisis times.

What do you think Gordon, should we trade in our 1000W units for this new bad boy?......................Discuss.

We could power our house with that !
But as we only pay £15 a month for leccy not a good idea.

Looking at the increase in some folk's energy bills :oops::oops::oops: that's actually not a bad price for an alternative house power system - if you can afford to pull out £2.5k in the first place of course.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I somehow doubt you guys have any genuine worries about being able to pay your energy bills just now. :cool:

Yes, the council house version power station :giggle:

I resemble that remark! I was born in one, Mr hoity-toity condescension 😜 😉😂

Looking at the increase in some folk's energy bills :oops::oops::oops: that's actually not a bad price for an alternative house power system - if you can afford to pull out £2.5k in the first place of course.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I somehow doubt you guys have any genuine worries about being able to pay your energy bills just now. :cool:

I resemble that remark! I was born in one, Mr hoity-toity condescension 😜 😉😂
To some degree, Marie, it's partly a variation on Smoke & Mirrors, which the Banks etc buy into, creating an exaggerated impression of one's wealth. We don't have trouble paying our energy bills, partly because we're bloody mean/frugal with the heating use, but partly because we try to be away for Winter. We have reasonable income levels, but don't spend excessively, until we need a large/major item, and then we stick it on the cretin card, to squeeze at least 1 month's credit out of the transaction, leaving the cash in the savings account. Next month we settle the cretin card in full, and t :rolleyes:hen repeat the cycle. We flush quite tidy sums through the card (ferry fares, m/home service/repairs, m/home furniture/improvements/upgrades, broken phone replacements etc etc), and each year the Bank increases the Credit Limit to a level where. were we daft enough to use it, we would be in serious trouble, probably the Bankruptcy Court!

BUT, we APPEAR to be much better off than we actually are, and the 'system' gives us the leeway to live in a comfortable way, with the flexibility to manage cashflow efficiently by the use of the cretin card etc, so the Bank is quite relaxed, even when we are saying to each other. 'Jeez, have you seen the cretin card statement for this month?;! For those people who do not have that initial flexibility, they cannot get that initial, all important standby of the cretin card and/or overdraft limit, which helps us to manage the peaks and troughs of cashflow. All of which is a very long way to say that the Rich gets gets richer, and the Poor get poorer, and we sit somewhere in between ... Or, to misquote a football cliché, in our case, the League Table does lie, 'cos we're nearer the top than our true position would merit ... :rolleyes:(y)

Steve

Many positives Trev. Cut down gas consumption for boiling a travel kettle for tea/coffee for example. Airless fryer, I can hook up 240v and run fridge, tv, water heater is another example. I have charged our eBike batteries, plus other devices on my Jackery.

I recharge the bank when driving via MH 12v system, or recharge using solar.

OK, while one does have to factor in the capitol cost of unit, for me it works and offers me added options while wild camping.

I am also using it within the home to power devices during these energy crisis times.
Be a lot cheaper to just fit an extra battery to your van, yes for home use if solar charged from the van, but still way cheaper to buy lead carbon batteries and solar panels, why dont you just run a cable from the van to house.

Not sure (apart from emergency use) such a system is any good in the North or Scotland in the winter..
Mains leccy still needed to recharge it.
Ok great as dual purpose with motorhome in summer.
Maybe a wind turbine ? Which may provide more kwh ?

Be a lot cheaper to just fit an extra battery to your van, yes for home use if solar charged from the van, but still way cheaper to buy lead carbon batteries and solar panels, why dont you just run a cable from the van to house.
Adding batteries of course adds weight to MH. Using 2000 watt MH inverter to boil travel kettle takes an age and hammers the leisure battery. Using the Jackery just under 5 mins to boil and uses 7% from the power bank. From MH to house with a cable, too much distance to cover, plus a trip hazard.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back