Murky’s Treat

SquirrellCook

With all this time looking for things to do like so many had, sadly we didn’t. Originally we signed up to assist the government with our manufacturing facilities. Fortunately we didn’t have to help, our own work went mad. We were behind any way after loosing a months work due to recovering from “Hereford Flu”.
We noticed when we got back from Hereford that there was a small amount of oil in the coolant.
Once I felt up to it, I pulled the head off. Bugger the head gasket is ok. After making a tool I removed the injector sleeves. The o-rings looked really sad. As I got this far I thought it best to treat it to some new valves and guides. The picture shows the head after cutting the valve seats. So this weekend I’ll be putting it back together.

35D59ED6-DA63-4823-B927-96EBFB21BF49.jpeg

That's a nice workshop you've got there.

I used to scrabble under various aged cars in all weathers and conditions to resolve problems, often in the open air. It taught me a lot, including that my facilities were less than ideal.

We'll done you!!!

IMG_0140.JPG

What a fight, but it's in and running. I'm sure it didn't take this long 30 years ago. Test drive after lunch, so give us a way if you see us on the M18

Last edited:
Almost all sorted, engine is good and smoother than it was. Just when you thought you were winning, Shurflo water pump gives up. Hoping to have a weekend away next week if it lets me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back