Music Forums and other Forums

Geraldine

Hi, I have mentioned before about the Facebook group I am a member of called NWOCR ( New wave of classic rock ). I believe it was set up from a small group of fans from Giants of Rock Butlins Minehead. The Facebook group now has over 10,000 members and still growing. Posts on FB pop up and then disappear after time. I have mentioned to their admin about setting up a forum type platform but it seems to fall on deaf ears.
Apart from this Forum do any of you out there belong to any other forums and what are your experiences of them. I like the layout of this one and think Phil has done a gran job.
Cheers for now. David.

Hmm, No one has responded to this thread. I therefore take it that this is the only forum that people use.
I still like the Wildcamping forum but get abit fed up skipping between the two and having to post/ write something twice.
Any way off to have a look now!
Cheers.

As no-one has responded, and to cheer you up (maybe), perhaps consider extending the range of music. I am ashamed to say that I've never yet visited Ainola, but I will. There's also a FB page:-

To see what I am on about, then please click either :-
or

As no-one has responded, and to cheer you up (maybe), perhaps consider extending the range of music. I am ashamed to say that I've never yet visited Ainola, but I will. There's also a FB page:-

To see what I am on about, then please click either :-
or
I like the look of the museum. Thanks for that!image.png

I am on several forums , relating to my interests , it is apparent that there is a fair degree of similar overlap with others who have same interests. In different interests there is also a range of feels to the different Fora in the same interests.
There is always something to learn , and be informed of , and I try and assist others with my experience and expertise, so its a win win from my pov .

When I was a boater I used Canal World Discussion Forums but it’s not as friendly as here, with just one or two who try to show how clever they are by denigrating questions from those new to boats. I still look there occasionally as generally it’s ok.
I’ve found French Car Forum to be very useful, particularly for my Xantia, there are some very knowledgable people there.
I like to keep an eye on aviation matters so use a closed BALPA forum which is very interesting and also pprune which has lots of not very knowledgeable experts. It was very good at one time but has become too big and is bizarrely moderated.
Certainly here and WC are by far the best forums I visit, with lots of people happy to share their expertise and very little unpleasantness, more of a community than a forum.

Hi, I have mentioned before about the Facebook group I am a member of called NWOCR ( New wave of classic rock ). I believe it was set up from a small group of fans from Giants of Rock Butlins Minehead. The Facebook group now has over 10,000 members and still growing. Posts on FB pop up and then disappear after time. I have mentioned to their admin about setting up a forum type platform but it seems to fall on deaf ears.
Apart from this Forum do any of you out there belong to any other forums and what are your experiences of them. I like the layout of this one and think Phil has done a gran job.
Cheers for now. David.
I use quite a few forums (don't like the term 'Fori' - they are FORUMS to me :) ) and even run one myself! And you are dead right about Forums Vs Facebook - Facebook is a very 'instant' thing and if you cannot find stuff very easily at all. Forums are far better as a resource IMO.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back