My cab radio has lost DAB!

GMJ

I wanted to listen to the cricket yesterday on our drive back in the UK however my DAB wasn't working. By this I mean that aside from radio 2 it wont scroll/search for any other stations. Reception is fine for Radio 2 btw.

I can scroll/search and save on AM and FM but nothing on DAB.

MH is a Ducato based 2017 Autotrail btw.

Any suggestions?

ta

DAB is actually really flaky all over the UK apart from major conurbations. I find that ours will continually drop off the DAB preset and go to the matching FM station, so much so that I've largely given up on DAB unless we're parked up.

Cheers

H

I have also given up on my DAB unless I am parked up, using it when driving was a nightmare, I was doing a fresh search every 10 min, annoying as well as dangerous

I listen to DAB all the time in the pickup and we live rural and 1000 ft above sea level. try a good quality aerial.

Maybe a firmware update? I only lose Kisstory sometimes when traveling otherwise it works no problems.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
In my current AutoTrail the manufacturer had installed the aerial In the nearside wing mirror. Reception on FM was fine, but DAB was very poor.

I asked them to resolve it and their technician fitted a new aerial above the windscreen, which worked far better.

But as others are saying, DAB constantly drops out in areas that are hilly or have a weak signal, so I too use FM until parked up.

The dab radio in my recently sold 2019 Pilote was garbage, gave up with it in the end.
Recently bought a Volvo V90 and mounted a roof box on the roof rails which covers the shark fin radio aerial expecting the radio not to work. The radio reception is brilliant. I reckon the Ducato dab radio aerial was utter rubbish.

It was working fine the last time I checked. I had aa few stored stations too. It's not a question of signal fade or a weak signal but rather that I cannot search for any stations.

As Kev says it probably needs a reboot. anyone know how?

It was working fine the last time I checked. I had aa few stored stations too. It's not a question of signal fade or a weak signal but rather that I cannot search for any stations.

As Kev says it probably needs a reboot. anyone know how?
Won't it be as simple as killing the power to the radio for a short period then re-connect!

Thinking about it, I suspect that it was just that that caused the problem. I had a flat battery a couple of months ago which i replaced. I hadn't tried the radio since then until the other day.

I have read the radio manual that came with the MH to no avail so the radio is still not working properly. I'll have to get on it when we finish our current trip I think

Have you recently added any devices such as USB chargers in 12V sockets? Some of the cheap nasty ones radiate may radio frequency harmonics that will kill DAB signals.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
No, nothing like that. It looks to be a physical thing tbh in that it won't seek any stations so is stuck on Radio 2.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back