My New Addiction

Asterix

Free Member

Having had issues with my previous electrical set up I spoke to Wildebus about my requirements,he advised turning my 12v system into a 24v system. I'm generally a complete imbecile when it comes to electrics but he explained it all in terms a ten year old could understand,after re-explaining in terms a toddler could understand I went with his proposal.
Last week I turned up at his place and he got to work rewiring and adding in an inverter I had lying around,the best bit for me is my new solar controller with an app that shows me what's going on with my solar input...that has become my new addiction,not sure how long it will last,perhaps others have suffered the same disorder and can give advice.
The upshot of it all is that I'm over the moon with my new setup and the work Wildebus did is very professional and despite freezing conditions he got on and did it all,took most of the day and I could do little more than supply cuppas.
Big shout out and plug for Wildebus👍👍

Cheers Dave (y)

There is only one solution to the addition you now have of using Victron Connect to monitor the system when in the van ... And that is to install a Victron GX or a Raspberry Pi so you can monitor it anywhere in the World :p

Why do you need all that remote monitoring? - you should be there using it 😀

Why do you need all that remote monitoring? - you should be there using it 😀
Oh no, I can relate. My solar controller is a Victron unit with bluetooth connectivity. Installing the monitoring app on my phone was therefore inevitable and now I can't go near the van without wanting to have a quick look at what the solar panel is doing :rolleyes:

I've even tried checking it from the lounge but the bluetooth range doesn't quite make it 😂

Oh no, I can relate. My solar controller is a Victron unit with bluetooth connectivity. Installing the monitoring app on my phone was therefore inevitable and now I can't go near the van without wanting to have a quick look at what the solar panel is doing :rolleyes:

I've even tried checking it from the lounge but the bluetooth range doesn't quite make it 😂
That's why you need the VRM setup. You could check while having a soak in the bath 🛀

So what are you going to do on days with little r no harvesting? Netflix? :)

Not sure why going from 12v to 24v is desirable, can someone ejakate me?

It's probably more than I can explain but it was partly to do with my solar array and my 12v setup not being able to harvest the full potential,and it was considerably cheaper than upgrading the 12v to cope with the max 800 watts.

It's probably more than I can explain but it was partly to do with my solar array and my 12v setup not being able to harvest the full potential,and it was considerably cheaper than upgrading the 12v to cope with the max 800 watts.
I have a 24v to 12v converter should you need one.🤣🤣

The benefits varies depending on the vehice. Asterix's Horsebox is a 24V Van, which is a key part of the rational changing to 24V for the Leisure Electrics.
Have a look at this thread for a full cost/benefit summary.

The benefits varies depending on the vehice. Asterix's Horsebox is a 24V Van, which is a key part of the rational changing to 24V for the Leisure Electrics.
Have a look at this thread for a full cost/benefit summary.

You certainly explained that a lot better than I could manage!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back