My van is falling apart!

Bounce

I was away in the van last week doing a bit of hillwalking and after I returned home I noticed that a bit of my van was missing! :(

Has anyone else suffered the loss of a headlight lower trim panel on their Citreon/Peugeot/Fiat van? I don’t think it is a common problem.

589BF186-A9B8-4A6F-9BBD-B9AE3CAB2A0F.jpeg

A new panel is now ordered but I’ll need to spray it silver etc and attach so it won’t fall off again..... or was it nicked? :unsure:

Van should have all it parts back together again by the end of the week ready for another trip away. :)

I wonder? Do you think someone needed the same bit and elevated you of yours as they are clipped in firmly enough imho

At the left of the picture, by the side of the bonnet, usually the plastic trim piece has a bolt/screw holding it firmly in place and the other side clips in first before putting the bolt/screw in.

It isn't easy to access the bolt/screw and I wonder if the headlight or front panel/s had been removed at any time and nothing put back to help restrain the plastic.

If the plastic trim had come loose and broken off there would still be a piece of plastic held by the bolt/screw.

At the left of the picture, by the side of the bonnet, usually the plastic trim piece has a bolt/screw holding it firmly in place and the other side clips in first before putting the bolt/screw in.

It isn't easy to access the bolt/screw and I wonder if the headlight or front panel/s had been removed at any time and nothing put back to help restrain the plastic.

If the plastic trim had come loose and broken off there would still be a piece of plastic held by the bolt/screw.

Thanks for that info. ?

I’ll check it out more thoroughly next week when I get the new part and next get back to the van in storage.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back