Nationwide removing "free" travel insurance! :(

ActiveCampers

Damnit

Been using nationwide flex account for 20+ years, and the free annual travel insurance, for us, has been perfect - even adding on world wide cover, 180 day trip length, hazardous activities, and winter sports has been ridiculously low price. Never had to worry for any time away, weekends, weeks or months.

Only claimed once (Wifey + snowboards + ice = ............)

Letter just delivered. Travel insurance being removed from all flex accounts. Cover ends 31 Dec 2021 (unless you have upgrades or are away - gets iffy, best to get confirmation from them I guess)

Members loyalty lol - not sure what long term "members" now get!?!

Damnit

Been using nationwide flex account for 20+ years, and the free annual travel insurance, for us, has been perfect - even adding on world wide cover, 180 day trip length, hazardous activities, and winter sports has been ridiculously low price. Never had to worry for any time away, weekends, weeks or months.

Only claimed once (Wifey + snowboards + ice = ............)

Letter just delivered. Travel insurance being removed from all flex accounts. Cover ends 31 Dec 2021 (unless you have upgrades or are away - gets iffy, best to get confirmation from them I guess)

Members loyalty lol - not sure what long term "members" now get!?!
Started a thread about travel insurance on the other site , just opened a co-op bank account to get affordable insurance .
I'm surprised insurance companies don't design a policy for us lot . Most [I think] don't need cancellation , flight delay etc cover . These claims are possibly the biggest cost to the insurers

Bear in mind that if you have FlexPlus account and are paying £13 a month fee the 'free' Worldwide travel insurance and vehicle breakdown cover is continuing.
This is still very good value.
They're only axing the cover from basic Flex accounts where to get eurocover you had to pay in £750 a month.
The FlexPlus has no deposit requirements.

I had a look, but there are extra charges for trips above 35 days, pre-existing medical and above 70's. Only the above 70 gives the additional charge, so it's difficult to know how competitive it is.

Bear in mind that if you have FlexPlus account and are paying £13 a month fee the 'free' Worldwide travel insurance and vehicle breakdown cover is continuing.
This is still very good value.
They're only axing the cover from basic Flex accounts where to get eurocover you had to pay in £750 a month.
The FlexPlus has no deposit requirements.
Yep, we only have flex free - if you need/want things like mobile insurance and breakdown I'd look at them, but we don't

This applies to me so I will have to look up the benefits of the Flexplus account. Last time I did a review the ordinary flex account suited us better because of the travel insurance. Not going to be the case now so might do a switch.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back