NEC Motorhome show 2024

Hymer Snobs

We've decided, as it's been 10years since the last visit, to go to the Camping & Caravan show at the NEC in October. So, 3 questions:

Anyone else going?

Can anyone recommend a campsite/overnight stop nearby?

I seem to remember getting discount last time; anyone know of ways to get discounted tickets?

Thankyou

We've decided, as it's been 10years since the last visit, to go to the Camping & Caravan show at the NEC in October. So, 3 questions:

Anyone else going?

Can anyone recommend a campsite/overnight stop nearby?

I seem to remember getting discount last time; anyone know of ways to get discounted tickets?

Thankyou
The C&CC do a members discounted ticket on Friday. That only saves £1 I think?
From memory, the tickets are cheaper if bought beforehand but TBH, they are pretty cheap anyway (IMO anyway) so I doubt if there will be any significant savings to be had?

I'm tempted to go as hardly been away this year in the van with the crappy weather so it could be a good excuse :) Last year I stayed at Drayton Manor C&CC Site. It was ok, but pitch waterlogged as usual so ended up on a bit of grass on a turning circle. I would be looking for a new site this year if I went to the show.

The C&CC do a members discounted ticket on Friday. That only saves £1 I think?
From memory, the tickets are cheaper if bought beforehand but TBH, they are pretty cheap anyway (IMO anyway) so I doubt if there will be any significant savings to be had?

I'm tempted to go as hardly been away this year in the van with the crappy weather so it could be a good excuse :) Last year I stayed at Drayton Manor C&CC Site. It was ok, but pitch waterlogged as usual so ended up on a bit of grass on a turning circle. I would be looking for a new site this year if I went to the show.
Thanks, were no longer members of any of the camping clubs as I don't feel they provide value for money, I've looked and youre right its only £14.00pp and, apparently if you apply the Discount Code SWIFT you get a .50p discount...thats a whole pound for the two of us!!! woo-hoo 😁 but, take care of the pennies....

FYI we are intending going on 16th October, if you find a decent alternative site let us know

Thanks, were no longer members of any of the camping clubs as I don't feel they provide value for money, I've looked and youre right its only £14.00pp and, apparently if you apply the Discount Code SWIFT you get a .50p discount...thats a whole pound for the two of us!!! woo-hoo 😁 but, take care of the pennies....

FYI we are intending going on 16th October, if you find a decent alternative site let us know
I was just looking and the C&CC site at Kingsbury Water Park was flagged as being convenient for the show. Priced up two nights (Thurs to Sat to cover a full day at the show on the Friday) works out at £18.90 per >60 Age Adult Member on a grass pitch with no hookup.
Non member price I think was £45 per person for the two nights.

The first time I went to the show (around 10 years ago) I went by car and stayed in a Toby Carvery/Travelodge kind of thing fairly close. I recollect posts on the forum in the past saying people have overnighted in the carpark in their Motorhome at that place with the understanding that they would buy breakfast there? something along those lines? That could be an option or check out Search For Sites or maybe Britstops if a member?

Back