New 100% electric Fiat Ducato on the way.

Mobilvetta

Be interesting to see if any motorhome manufacturers start using the EV platform for there motorhomes soon. I'm still not convinced that the technology is there yet, to replace diesel engines.

I would have preferred to see a greater use of hydrogen cell vehicles, simply because you could fill up like you do now at a petrol station and be on your way within 5 minutes and there is only water that comes out of the exhaust system, so no harm to the environment.

If you go for standard battery pack hardly any range , if you spec big battery option , payload hit , and even bigger one to the wallet ! Too soon JMHO

Battery technology not there yet for Motorhome’s at least not if you want to go more than 100 miles.

Last Top Gear put a bit of a downer on it for me. 2011 Nissan EV with effective range of 35 miles! Effectively that means it’s scrap due to costs. 7 to 8 years lifecycle for a vehicle is really environmentally friendly huh?

Yes we need EV’s but we need more than that, not convinced I will see this working effectively for folks in my life time the way the government fecks about

I can see EHU charges on sites doubling for EV,s

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back