Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 11:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, August 3, 2021 - 11:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to think about this place now; are there walks from the site? And is cycling from there recommended? It looks such a busy main road, and we’d like to explore the Beaulieu area, where I used to sail to decades ago.

Hi - we cycle from the site. Yes the road outside is not great and we get off as soon as possible.
Once into the forest proper the cycling is great. We use a great little map that we bought years ago from one of the local bike shops

Strawberry Field is a great site for visiting the New Forest.
Yes its on a main road but that is an advantage.
The road isn't that noisy especially at night. It is on a bus route and The New Forest Tour (Green Route) bus stop is close by.
There is an absolutely brilliant Sunday morning Boot Fair on land adjacent to our camp.
Lymington and Brockenhurst (with two bike shops) is only a bike ride away
Trains from Brockenhurst go directly to Bournemouth (great day out taking the bike)
There is a ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth (IOW) and taking your bike will give you another great day out to explore.
I'm bringing my bike this year.
Thanks for that - saved me the trouble! 🙂

Yes, it is busy but drivers (local anyway) are used to cyclists. It's about 35 mins cycle ride to Beaulieu. If you plan to go into the Palace and Museum it's cheaper to book the tickets online in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Please remove me from the list, just discovered i wont be able to attend im afraid, have a great one everybody .

What's this about Thai food ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back