New mini PC

jagmanx

I have an AVTEX TV which is very good as a display.
I ordered this and it arrived and is up and running
Not actually this one but 8GB Ram 256GB disc and intel core i3
Very plewasde with it cost 14000 Baht so £320
Microsoft has simple video editingg and photos
FOR VIDEO I have reinstalled Moavi
1645271546716.png
This will import iles form my NAS to the local drive whilst editing

BBC iplayer works and a 25 min programme downloaded in 5 mins over a wired connection

Looks good. Have you sourced a power cable that allows you to use the van batteries direct, rather than an Inverter? The picture is unclear, but seems to be outputting 11.5v.

I only want to use it at home !
But does what I want re.
Bbc iplayer.
Photo management and editing.
Video editing.
The files easily and reliably useable from my NAS.

When in Moho I am quite content with my tablet.
However the avtex works off 12v and I am sure an easy solution could be found for the Mini Pc.
As you imply It requires 19V DC and 65Watts.which could be supplied from the Leisure batteries
Mr Google aids with both temporary storage and synchronisation.
Both Google drive and photos.
And / or I have a usb disk for dashcam footage (and photos).
Ferrying the pc and screen back and for from Thailand does not suit.
Even a laptop was clumsy Tablet solves that issue

Looks handy :)

FWIW, for anyone looking for a similar kind of setup but "on the move", there are some Mini PCs (bit of a lower spec) that run off either 12V or 5V (I run mine off a 5V 3A USB adapter)

Forgive my comment, but if you only use this for home, what's the point in telling us? If you use your tablet in the motorhome??

I own a pc called "the brick" i bought it from maplin a few years ago, and runs off 12v system, if you enjoy playing you can also play around with a raspberry PI which is an open source pc which you can build to your own needs, the raspberry pi only needs 5v power

Forgive my comment, but if you only use this for home, what's the point in telling us? If you use your tablet in the motorhome??

I own a pc called "the brick" i bought it from maplin a few years ago, and runs off 12v system, if you enjoy playing you can also play around with a raspberry PI which is an open source pc which you can build to your own needs, the raspberry pi only needs 5v power
Yes you are forgiven.
We all have differing needs and preferences.
The mini pc and avtex tv might suit someone for use in a Motorhome..
As you suggest raspberry pi as well

He may only use this at home, but someone else may like to do something similar on their Motorhome and find his comments and posts about this useful. The only difference between being at home and being in a Motorhome is one usually has wheels and the other usually does not :)
For example I use a Mini PC on my Avtex TV in my Motorhome. In my case, I don't use it for iPlayer, but I do use it for a similar purpose, namely Sky Go.

(unless your reply was actually to me and I didn't realise. In which case the above still applies :) )

For those who like a bit of tech there is a piece of software called "get-iplayer" LINK which allows downloading of media from the BBC. It strips DRM, meaning once downloaded you have it for life.

I have to say I have never used it as I'm sure it must be illegal and was told about this by a man on a pub.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back