New MOT tests

I might just squeeze through on the old one as mines due April phew

You can have an MOT done early but this means you will be losing the remaining time on your last one.

Ours runs out in June so I may get it done in April to be on the good side.

Mine passed its MOT today, no advisories ?

Another year in the bag, phew! Been like an expectant dad all day ?

K ?

The new tests start on 20th May. Just checked ours and it runs out 30th May as I had it done early last time so should get it done beforeb change without losing any time. It is just the emissions test I will worry about.

"Diesel vehicles will also be more closely regulated from May 20. Any vehicle that emits ‘visible smoke of any colour’ will automatically fail its MOT, for example."

What comes out of an exhaust if it is not in layman's terms smoke?

.....I was just going to ask....what's the difference from May onwards...just visible smoke ( Eh ! ) or other criteria ?? Maja

maja07;n22671 said:
.....I was just going to ask....what's the difference from May onwards...just visible smoke ( Eh ! ) or other criteria ?? Maja

I do not think that is absolutely zero smoke. The linked document Section 2 relates to Diesel smoke tester limits. The amount of smoke detected by the smoke tester will depend upon the date of registration and the figure on the VIN plate. On my Euro6 Ducato The FIAT plate shows it as 0.52. It is not shown on the Pilote plate at all . I am not sure therefore if the 0.25 will apply or the defaut for a vehicle registered after 1st January 2014 of 0.7

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ents-smoke-test-limits-and-annual-assessments

I had a rather smokey Toyota Hilux fail the emissions a few years ago,the tester told me to fill the fuel filter with injector clean and bring it back,it passed!

I have read that the ' smoke of any colour' from the exhaust failure only applies to vehicles fitted with a DPF. Keep hold of those Euro4 vehicles as long as possible.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back