New motorhome

Baz debbie

Hi all we collect are 2017 swift kon tiki 649 motorhome up next Saturday any one got any tips that we should look out for or any useful info please thanks Baz & debbie

Watch for strong smell of airfreshers. Could be that something can be hidden. Don't want to put a 'dampers' on your new motorhome. Main thing is fir your to enjoy all your adventures in it.

Hi all we collect are 2017 swift kon tiki 649 motorhome up next Saturday any one got any tips that we should look out for or any useful info please thanks Baz & debbie
Hi very friendly and nice crowd on this group. Membership worthwhile. Re your new motorhome a bit of solar power is worth it to give you some off grid freedom. Leave everywhere you stop as good or better than you find it. Wave at other motorhomers.... be especially nice to locals in communities you visit. Try not to overfill the motorhome with gadgets..... after a few trips review what you take and add/remove items. Take a very basic toolkit. Gaffer tape a few mixed screws cable ties, pvc gloves and rags.

Hi folks, best advice is to enjoy the van. As mentioned, be clean campers!

You’ll soon work out what you need and what you don’t. Everyone takes too much stuff at the beginning, you’ll soon work out what’s best for your own needs.

Grab a membership and join one of the best motorhome communities and support groups. Get discounts, access to places to stop, help and advice and rallies throughout the year.

Watch for strong smell of airfreshers. Could be that something can be hidden. Don't want to put a 'dampers' on your new motorhome. Main thing is fir your to enjoy all your adventures in it.
Hi thanks have been today and all looks great and no airfreshers in it . to be fair all looks new as only done 3700 miles
Thanks Baz and debbie

I had a 2015 Kontiki 649 for 5 years, Had many good times in it. No major problems besides a few loose screws on hinges. If you are going to use it in winter then I recommend a heavy-duty curtain across the cab area, as with all MH the cab area can get very cold in winter. I tried silver screens on mine and a heavy-duty curtain. The latter was much better at keeping the warmth in. Good luck and enjoy.

I had a 2015 Kontiki 649 for 5 years, Had many good times in it. No major problems besides a few loose screws on hinges. If you are going to use it in winter then I recommend a heavy-duty curtain across the cab area, as with all MH the cab area can get very cold in winter. I tried silver screens on mine and a heavy-duty curtain. The latter was much better at keeping the warmth in. Good luck and enjoy.
Hi yes I have read that the cab can get cold will do the same as you heavy curtain 👍thanks

Check the tyre pressures..
They might be different from the values in the basic van handbook.
Check with Swift.
Then check the actual pressures.... Don't forget the spare, too.
Dealers often over inflate them.
Have fun and adventures

Hi thanks have been today and all looks great and no airfreshers in it . to be fair all looks new as only done 3700 miles
Thanks Baz and debbie
Basically a brand new motorhome
Unbelievably low mileage but , apparently , not unusual
Think some prospective owners should rent initially
Enjoy

If possible, do a video recording of handover in order to be able to remind yourself of how things work.
Great advice! We were like fools in the fog when we got ours. Even to making up the bed🤦‍♀️ Had to ring the previous owner to ask about a couple of things too

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back