New steps

Sonar

Steps with a double top step

I used to stand on the seat of a folding chair to reach up in the awning.

And any high stuff outside.

But after the seat base tearing and ending up with no seat and a pain in the. You know where I decided enough was enough.

So looking about for a small set of sturdy steps for doing higher bits in the awning like the adjustable rafter ect.

Came across these light weight with a large double top step.

Fold flat and very sturdy no wobble.

The only bit that wobbles now is me.

Found on eBay.

IMG_0484.jpegIMG_0485.jpeg

you'll need another step to get on that table first though :D

Looks a sturdy pair of low step-ladders, compact enough to carry with you (y)

A lot more solid and stable than I was expecting.

The steps on the table were I must admit a little short when trying to fit them sky hooks up.😂

I've carried a set of those in the MH for a few years now. Great for when attaching an awning into the guide rail on the wind out canopy. Also came in handy when our TV round aerial thingy decided to become detached from it's mount when driving to Spain earlier this year!

I've got 3 or 4 steps that if I never had a camper I would not have bought! Weird how one thing leads to another?
Too big to carry around in most vans (certainly can't in mine!) are these - https://amzn.to/46VAHX7
Allows you to lean forward much safer than the typical step (good for getting over front of van to get to overhang for example) and really nice deep treads.
They are essentially a cheaper version of the 'Little Giant's ladders.

Those Telescopic ladders are very handy as well. I use mine a fair bit to access the roof of vans but you do need to watch out for them marking the sides of course, and something to watch out for ... it is fairly easy for the sides to get misaligned a bit when extending them, so make sure everything is straight and level before going up! Maybe an age thing after some use? Didn't have that issue at all first couple of years but as parts have loosened up... ?

Newest steps are these - https://amzn.to/4dWonrL
Bought specifically to carry in the van and provide a more even outside step set instead of the single electric step if away with the slightly height challenged OH (but having said that, I find them nicer as well so would use them if stopped up on my own for a few days).
And will also be handy for reasons mentioned by Sonar, such as getting to awning, accessing bikes off rack, etc.

I guess I also carry another ladder, that being to access the overcab bed, but never considered using that for anything else actually, but no reason why not I suppose?

We also have a ladder for the over cab bed but never tried to use it outside. In fact never thought of it.

But the steps suit us but before the steps we did consider a telescopic ladder but then would have still used a canvas camping chair to reach the telescopic rafter.

Any way we’re see how this works out next week .

Back