Newbie with a query

ShutThatDoor

Free Member

Hello everyone! We are new to motorhoming. We recently bought a 16 year old Hymer and I’ve already caused a problem with the drawer front above the oven (see Photo). The heat from the oven holes has melted the plastic drawer front ans it’s now out of shape on the right side and I wondered if anyone has any suggestions or know of places I could get the drawer front replaced with a more heat resistant material? Thank you!

CAAE464D-4622-4A28-BB35-58117E1C570E.jpeg

Hi Mr STD,

I think that is a very odd thing to happen.

If it was me I would get the oven checked out for correct operation.

Have all the gas/electric bits 'n' bobs been checked out?

Cheers

Boots

I don’t think our carpentry skills are up to that 😂
Hi Mr STD,

I think that is a very odd thing to happen.

If it was me I would get the oven checked out for correct operation.

Have all the gas/electric bits 'n' bobs been checked out?

Cheers

Boots
hi Boots,
Yes, it had a habitation check when we bought it. I put the oven on full gas 6 to cook some oven chips and the heat escapes from the vent holes and hits the handle. I think the drawer melting was my fault because after I had finished with the oven, I pegged a tea towel over the vent holes (gas off) and used the residual heat to dry the towel. I think the heat must have got trapped and melted the plastic drawer front! I was just wondering if there are companies which supply spare parts.

O'Leary Motorhomes are often recommended by motorhomers for various damaged parts.

It's worth trying them them on
Phone:01482-868632 or 01482-880044
Email: info@olearymotorhomes.co.uk

Weekdays 9am - 5pm
Saturday CLOSED
Sunday - CLOSED

Or simply by browsing their website on:

Good luck!

When using the grill (on my very similar looking oven) there is a metal heat deflector which slides out from the top of the oven to protect the drawer above.

O'Leary Motorhomes are often recommended by motorhomers for various damaged parts.

It's worth trying them them on
Phone:01482-868632 or 01482-880044
Email: info@olearymotorhomes.co.uk

Weekdays 9am - 5pm
Saturday CLOSED
Sunday - CLOSED

Or simply by browsing their website on:

Good luck!
Thank you!

Oh! I didn’t know that. I’ll have to check to see if we have that. Thank you!
It is inside the oven at the top and not at all obvious. It doesn’t help with the oven heat coming out of the vent, only when using the grill. I only found it after damaging the trim on the drawer above. My supplying dealer has obtained the ok from Carthago to add heat insulation around the oven and fit a fan to draw the hot air out from the rear. The work is scheduled for November.

It is inside the oven at the top and not at all obvious. It doesn’t help with the oven heat coming out of the vent, only when using the grill. I only found it after damaging the trim on the drawer above. My supplying dealer has obtained the ok from Carthago to add heat insulation around the oven and fit a fan to draw the hot air out from the rear. The work is scheduled for November.
Thank you for letting me know. I definitely wouldn’t have found that at all! It’s not obvious!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back