Newly fitted dual Solar & Battery layout

Hi guys & girls
When I bought my van it was a simply 100 w solar panel to one leisure battery
I recently upgraded it to 2 x 100 W solar panels (In parallel) to 2 x 90Ah leisure batteries (In parallel) using a Vitrion 165 MPP Solar controller
To my dismay it only charges them up partially but always sees the starter battery good & Always charges all batteries on a run
I was ignorant to any Split charge relays or finessing wiring of the batteries together but have checked;
All wiring is secure, Jumpers are set to Lead Acid sealed batteries, Power is coming from solar panels in sunshine& the batteries are identical & both bought together
Can anyone please tell me why my leisure batteries will not charge past 65% but my vehicle battery will to 100% ( I swapped them over but it was worse)
Could it to be with the split charge relay perhaps which I had not factored in?
I have looked around & wondered if I shudda got a Sterling Battery Maintainer after all instead?
I am having more or less the same problem,allthough i have a victron 75/15 mppt contrpller.I contacted victron and they said it would be better to connect panels in series,i am in the middle of checking all the wireing etc and its begining to get me down.

Oh dear sorry to hear that
I am having more or less the same problem,allthough i have a victron 75/15 mppt contrpller
Mine no matter what will NOT charge the leisure batts past 3/4 but yes the starter batt all the way 100%
However, it seems to be consistent in that its always at that level, never below so I guess thats a good thing?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back