NHS COVID-19 App for England and Wales

Minisorella

This is now available for Android and IOS from the respective app stores. It only took a couple of minutes to download, install and set up. Obviously the more people who use it, the more chance it has to identify when you've been near someone who later tests positive.

Leaving all the old arguments and criticisms aside, with cases rising as fast as they are, anything that might help us get through this is worth doing in my book 🙂

Here's some info from the beeb...

This is now available for Android and IOS from the respective app stores. It only took a couple of minutes to download, install and set up. Obviously the more people who use it, the more chance it has to identify when you've been near someone who later tests positive.

Leaving all the old arguments and criticisms aside, with cases rising as fast as they are, anything that might help us get through this is worth doing in my book 🙂

Here's some info from the beeb...

I've also downloaded it, Jennie, after listening to the awful droning of Matt Hancock this morning on the BBC 'Today' programme.
As you say, it's easy to install and set up (I'm using a OnePlus 7 Pro running on Android), though I haven't tried using it to scan an NHS QR code at the entrance to a shop or restaurant yet. I see it uses bluetooth to sense the proximity of other devices running the app.

Colin :):):)

Unfortunately it doesn’t work on my i phone 5s.
Does anyone know if the Scottish one links to the English/Welsh one?

Unfortunately it doesn’t work on my i phone 5s.
Does anyone know if the Scottish one links to the English/Welsh one?
No, the apps don't link. Scotland and Northern Ireland have different ones but you can download all apps and just activate the relevant one as you need it.

• Thank You
Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back