Nicest CL Owner? No names,No packdrill....

• Thread starter Deleted member 2880
  • Start date

Deleted member 2880

I'm staying at a CL in the Highlands that has effectively kept its rates the same for 30 years. Standard rate with Lekkie today is £10, but without you can still have a night for £5. What!!!!!

To cap it all, the owner came round last night and invited all five of us tourers to his back garden for drinks and nibbles on the house. What!!!!

Obviously, I can't tell anyone about this place (you'd be just the same, wouldn't you?), but what a lovely story and what a lovely chap.

Anyone else been pleasantly surprised on the high value at a UK CL?

I stop at one for £5 a night quite a bit, has been a CMC site over 50 years and was one of the first. No power there but all you need

Don't blame people for keeping quiet about these fantastic sites - so would I!! Hopefully will stumble across them one day :D

Theres one just above Boscastle and he charged £4 but apologised for grass being long and insisted we took a large bottle of his home made cider for free. Great chap great location astounding value. Mind you its a steep slog back up the hill from Boscastle.
And as a bonus we saw a Honey Buzzard.
K ;)

Frank and Elizabeth.. Combined ages 170+
Goostrey, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire.
C&CC.
Lovely,poor, simple millionaire Cheshire farmers.

Don't blame people for keeping quiet about these fantastic sites - so would I!! Hopefully will stumble across them one day :D
It’s a CMC site in meant and is listed in the CMC site book/app. Didn’t bother to post name as I think you have to be a member to book so could look it up

It’s a CMC site in meant and is listed in the CMC site book/app. Didn’t bother to post name as I think you have to be a member to book so could look it up
Cheers! I am a member of both clubs and will see if I can find it. (y)

Frank and Elizabeth.. Combined ages 170+
Goostrey, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire.
C&CC.
Lovely,poor, simple millionaire Cheshire farmers.
Interesting.....!

I often stay near Holmes Chapel as a halfway stop on my way up north. If you ever fancy a change of scene, then you might like to try the CL about six miles away at Brereton Heath.

Only £6 night and always peaceful, but the magical bit is that directly over the road is a short footpath into Brereton Heath Nature Reserve. Just the place to blow the cobwebs away after a long drive.
035_Cheshire_Brereton Heath_Nature Reserve_29th April 2019.JPG

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back