No charge

Dahlia duo

Free Member

Hello
04 Kon-tiki with control panel above the the door, touch top left button to switch on electoral supply, the button next to it (top right) once pushed let’s you change the vehicle battery when you are on mains hook up. This is not happening
Anybody had the same Problem??

don’t know the exact van but my hymer had a button that you turned to read both battery’s & water levels mine went & i dropped a bit of glue on the splined shaft fine now

Two checks
1. Does switch over to 12v power from starter work?
2. Does hook up charge leisure battery?

Hello
04 Kon-tiki with control panel above the the door, touch top left button to switch on electoral supply, the button next to it (top right) once pushed let’s you change the vehicle battery when you are on mains hook up. This is not happening
Anybody had the same Problem??
Sounds like the same as my 06 Autotrail. The vehicle battery doesn't charge from that if it's under 11. I use a separate battery charger with clips direct onto the vehicle battery for an hour or two, then run the engine for an hour. I have to check/charge my batteries every weekend at the mo.

Hi Beatrix
thanks for reply.
ok let’s start again. My leisure battery is 12.2 and vehicle battery is 12.8. So no problems there. When I hook up to power the leisure reading go’s up on gauge, when I cross over to vehicle battery it should go up too, normally 13.1 but it is not doing so. Telling me it’s not pushing a charge over. That’s the problem I have.

So the EU charger operates - which means that it should do the starter battery when you switch over.
This answers my second question but Q1 was to confirm that the switchover works - I.e. can you run had electrics off the starter battery?

If you can't then you have a duff changeover which would explain the lack of charge.
If you can then you'll have to check the charger wiring.

Hi Beatrix
thanks for reply.
ok let’s start again. My leisure battery is 12.2 and vehicle battery is 12.8. So no problems there. When I hook up to power the leisure reading go’s up on gauge, when I cross over to vehicle battery it should go up too, normally 13.1 but it is not doing so. Telling me it’s not pushing a charge over. That’s the problem I have.
Oh ok, well my charging checks aren't that exact. I'd kinda think it had done enough at that stage. I'll leave it to better qualified responders now 😉

So the EU charger operates - which means that it should do the starter battery when you switch over.
This answers my second question but Q1 was to confirm that the switchover works - I.e. can you run had electrics off the starter battery?

If you can't then you have a duff changeover which would explain the lack of charge.
If you can then you'll have to check the charger wiring.
hello markb
Had a good look around yesterday, checked every fuse I could find, all good there. I tryed running the lights from the vehicle battery and could not do so, so it looks like the panel.. thank you very much For your help.

Making progress in diagnosis😀
When you press the battery switchover button a red led next to it should light to indicate starter battery in use.
If that led doesn't light then you can suspect the push switch?
I don't think the physical swap over is at control panel and there's probably a relay in the Power Supply Unit to do that.
So if you get led lit this may be the problem or perhaps wiring from control panel to PSU?
Others may know whether there is a relay and if it can be heard operating.

Hi Markd
If I push vehicle battery button there is no red light, if I push leisure battery button the red light comes on. Did note that if I leave red light on when I start van it used to turn off, now it stays on.

Hi Beatrix
thanks for reply.
All batteries should show around 12.7 without charger on, with charger 14.4v and drop to 13.7 ish on float.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back