No rear lights.

Scotia

Spent today removing the rear pod to sort out an electrical problem with having no rear lights, and no near side front side light. Tried all the fuses no go, removed all connections gave a clean no go, finally removed the rear valence to remove a light unit that i knew was corroded but had already previously purchased a new unit. Once this was fitted i went from only having brake lights to only rear lights then both brake lights and one rear light.
I bridged the offside rear light to near side the lights dimmed then brake ( i had a stick onto the brake pedal) and rear illuminated i removed the bridging wire and everything was still illuminated. I then checked the side light which had fixed by itself ? I have removed any soldered connections and re soldered then heat shrink over the connection. I just wish i knew what i have done to rectify the problem, i have tried tugging wires just in case there is a broken wire under the sheathing but nothing is showing up. When i press the brake pedal both lights illuminate but the bulb out warning light comes on within the dash. Its got me!20200814_153018.jpg20200814_093622.jpg20200814_093608.jpg

Last edited:
I did try an additional earth but made no difference. 🤔

She has learn a new word recently "motorhome" every time she hears it her ears perk up thinking we are heading off. Probably just fed up because we were not going out.

You are lucky,iveco have more wires doing nout behind the dash board plus relays and a fuse box about the size of a shoe box,why

You are lucky,iveco have more wires doing nout behind the dash board plus relays and a fuse box about the size of a shoe box,why
There are three on the Burstner, one in the engine compartment, one under the dash and another in the habitation area. I would have thought the habitation fuses would have only been for that but thats where the side marker light fuse is located that was the bollocks to sus out.

You might find that the information about the brakes comes from the CanBus. In days of old etc. there was a switch near the brake pedal now its all done by the ECU. We had a Pilote and the marker lights on the side were controlled by the habitation ECU. You may find that there is a box of tricks somewhere that reads the CanBus and decides which lights should be on.

Maybe of help

I had a problem with Left hand light rear cluster, on my Chausson , nothing was working, finally tracked it down to a printed circuit board in a plastic box under the left hand side rear of the van, YEAH corroded, what a daft place for a printed circuit board, there is also one for the right hand side as well, they control the front side lights and all the marker lights too, I was in Spain at the time so little chance of getting a new circuit board, so I just chopped off all the cables from the dodgy circuit board and joined the correct coloured cables together and hey ho all was working again, I dumped the circuit board and placed all my joined cables back in the original box and water proofed it, and all has been OK for a couple of years now, the only reason I could see for the printed circuit board was as a terminal to connect a tow bar wiring kit to it? the right hand side circuit board is still in situ and is giving no problems [ YET ] so I will leave that alone until it does, at least I now know what to look for if it does at any time. Perhaps you OP have a circuit board too?

Wait till you deal with, a ducato base.....

Lost several marker lights and one front and one rear side lights...

The Fiat has 4 fuse boxes.... Blown fuse in one of the small fuse boxes (one on drivers and one on passenger side...

Manual was next to hopeless and only after a good while searching did I find that regardless of Market there were 2 boxes.

Wait till you deal with, a ducato base.....

Lost several marker lights and one front and one rear side lights...

The Fiat has 4 fuse boxes.... Blown fuse in one of the small fuse boxes (one on drivers and one on passenger side...

Manual was next to hopeless and only after a good while searching did I find that regardless of Market there were 2 boxes.
I could not locate the passenger side fuse box as far as I can see this is listed as optional.

I could not locate the passenger side fuse box as far as I can see this is listed as optional.

Possibly dependant on model/year etc....

I only found it after eyes on inspection... As everything I found online pointed to fuse box being on drivers side dependent on target market.

Drove me scatty taking light fittings apart and spurious leads on the Web regarding side/marker lights not being fused but controlled by the BCM...

Relief when I found ANOTHER fuse box....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back