Nohoch Alpha gas explosion........

runnach

Gulf of Mexico, almost to the day 35 years ago when 167 souls perished on the 6th July 1988 Piper Alpha, North Sea oil dister.

Gulf of Mexico, almost to the day 35 years ago when 167 souls perished on the 6th July 1988 Piper Alpha, North Sea oil dister.

What I don't see recalled and mentioned anywhere are the deaths and injurys 18 years ago yesterday on the terrorist attacks in London - 07/07/05? (52 died, >700 injured).
That date kind of sticks in my mind as it was the date my father died.

What I don't see recalled and mentioned anywhere are the deaths and injurys 18 years ago yesterday on the terrorist attacks in London - 07/07/05? (52 died, >700 injured).
That date kind of sticks in my mind as it was the date my father died.
Yes, good point, the London seems to have faded away with time. Maybe Londoners hold a memorial on the day?

I always remember the piper, as my mate was to be on the rig at the time of the tragedy, a manning issue on another rig saw him change flight at the helo port, this fluke of last minute good luck put him in a safe place.

There’s a lot of stuff deliberately blacked out in the news relating to any terrorism things it’s the objective to give the terrorists as little as publicity possible and stop copycats.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back