Norway

1977paul

Considering a 2-3 week trip to Norway, driving from Eurotunnel up through Netherlands n Germany. Be driving 2003 Boxer 2.8 diesel, I'm sure it will have been covered before but any advice on if my van will be "allowed" what stickers tolls etc that I need to be aware of. Thanks

Is that 2-3 weeks in Norway or total time for trip?If 2-3 weeks for whole trip I would suggest not nearly long enough except for maybe visiting the south.It is a long way up there.I don't speak from personal experience but have been planning to visit next year.I'm going for 3 months total and consider that a bit tight.

Yep agree, you'll need more than 2-3 weeks to make it anything like worthwhile, it's a long way!
You say Netherlands and Germany, what after that? there is a big stretch of water, Ferries? if you drive into Denmark you then have the option of bridges to Sweden and drive up or ferry direct to Norway, many choices of ports.
If you choose the bridge option the tolls are slightly less than the ferry costs but a lot more driving.
A lot of roads in Norway are toll.

Have you thought what you actually want from your Norwegian trip, a lot of the outstanding scenery is middle to top of the country.

Tell us a bit more about what you want from the trip for more in depth info.

Last edited:
Agree with that and guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.
For me whilst most of the country is very scenic the "good" bits start around Geiranger area. :)

I would go along with what others have said however the European road system upto and including Denmark is very good so you can make a quick dash to the northern tip of Denmark and take a ferry to Norway, so allow a week to get there and back and that would give you a fortnight in southern Norway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back