Ohh no oven door stuck shut

MJVW

Really strange thing happened on our scotland outing, we have used our oven a lot of times, but after a day at the wheel finding a great wilding spot, in with the Lasagna 30 minutes later attempted to open oven to extracted my meal and the oven door would not open stuck solid, So hungry and tired no lasagna for me.
I also needed to remove the food from the oven as it would of been carnage rolling around in the oven when traveling around Scottish B roads the next day. Next morning i removed the front cover and handle and managed to open the door it appeared to be sticking on the left hand hinge but now opened halfway so removed the now cold lasagna, i have cleaned the hinges, springs they were a bit rusty, was going to put some high temperature grease on the hinges but concerned that it may burn off smell etc.

Has anyone had an issue like this and how did they resolve it?

https://motorhomer.com/resources/maxol_monte_carlo_3000_oven_instructions.5

Our dometic oven did that I forced and snapped the hinge it cost £90 for a pair of new hinges I now put copper grease on the roller with a cotton bud when they stiffen up

Our dometic oven did that I forced and snapped the hinge it cost £90 for a pair of new hinges I now put copper grease on the roller with a cotton bud when they stiffen up
Thanks 90 is a bit steep will put some copper grease on the hinge thanks for the reply (y)

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back